"guitar solos are about as revelant as VCRs....

guitarbilly74

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

that's my first reaction to this kind of stuff too, but my friend is actually a capable player. I've jammed with him in the past and he was able to improvise leads just fine, but he chooses not to put any solos in his songs idn_smilie.gif

What kinda music does he play, indie shoegaze? biggrin.gif

Seriously though, to answer your question... It's all about the context of the song. Some songs may call for a solo, others may not. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

that's my first reaction to this kind of stuff too, but my friend is actually a capable player. I've jammed with him in the past and he was able to improvise leads just fine, but he chooses not to put any solos in his songs idn_smilie.gif

What kinda music does he play, indie shoegaze? biggrin.gif

Seriously though, to answer your question... It's all about the context of the song. Some songs may call for a solo, others may not. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

come on, could you imagine the guns 'n roses classics without the solos ? And the excellent "wankery" of Brian May ? I agree that most memorable solos are not played a million miles per hour, but some just lift the song to another level. My last VCR was stolen, ik kinda think Borat has it now.... GREAT SUCCES !

• Members

come on, could you imagine the guns 'n roses classics without the solos ? And the excellent "wankery" of Brian May ? I agree that most memorable solos are not played a million miles per hour, but some just lift the song to another level. My last VCR was stolen, ik kinda think
Borat
has it now.... GREAT SUCCES !

totally OT here but i finally saw The Dictator (about 5x) over the weekend and holy lulz, that shiz was awesome. :lol: easily his best flick.

Archived