"guitar solos are about as revelant as VCRs....

guitarbilly74

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. I think a decent solo can add to a song. I've been listening to a lot of AIC lately, and I think BGWTB has some great examples of some soulful solos that fit the song perfectly.

There was a time when artists thought every song needed some type of stupid wankage, and those are the songs that makes the solo section irrelevant, IMO...

• Members

I disagree. I think a decent solo can add to a song. I've been listening to a lot of AIC lately, and I think BGWTB has some great examples of some soulful solos that fit the song perfectly.

There was a time when artists thought every song needed some type of stupid wankage, and those are the songs that makes the solo section irrelevant, IMO...

• Members

Sounds like some kind of hipster coolerthanthouism. If you dig 'em then they are relevant to you, and If you are a player and want to play them they are equally relavant.
Worrying about what other people think about something (anything) will get you nowhere. I love guitar solos and always will.

• Members

Sounds like some kind of hipster coolerthanthouism. If you dig 'em then they are relevant to you, and If you are a player and want to play them they are equally relavant.
Worrying about what other people think about something (anything) will get you nowhere. I love guitar solos and always will.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

Whenever I hear some {censored} like its usually from someone who can't play lead and is trying to justify it to themselves.

Not true. There is a lot of wankery that goes on in some songs that makes no sense to me. Jerk off solos which mean nothing for a song. I wank pentatonic scales all day but I don't it is relevant or makes sense to much.

• Members

View Post

Whenever I hear some {censored} like its usually from someone who can't play lead and is trying to justify it to themselves.

Not true. There is a lot of wankery that goes on in some songs that makes no sense to me. Jerk off solos which mean nothing for a song. I wank pentatonic scales all day but I don't it is relevant or makes sense to much.

• Members

View Post

that's my first reaction to this kind of stuff too, but my friend is actually a capable player. I've jammed with him in the past and he was able to improvise leads just fine, but he chooses not to put any solos in his songs idn_smilie.gif

• Members

View Post

that's my first reaction to this kind of stuff too, but my friend is actually a capable player. I've jammed with him in the past and he was able to improvise leads just fine, but he chooses not to put any solos in his songs idn_smilie.gif

• Members

I'd say that if you're more interested in being fashionable than making music, then the quote is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
OTOH, I can respect a mother{censored}er who can play his ass off, but chooses not to.
But in my experience, that's a rare find.

• Members

I'd say that if you're more interested in being fashionable than making music, then the quote is dead on.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
OTOH, I can respect a mother{censored}er who can play his ass off, but chooses not to.
But in my experience, that's a rare find.

Archived