Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifWTF?

lol wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Baddest assed (yeah, went there) 14 year old girl evar Totally_jammin_out.gif

Cool uncle too wink.gif

Yeah, her dad (my brother in law) is a drummer and his influence on her is lots of good music. Her fav. band is Green Day and Katy Perry. But she's into Zeppelin and some older {censored}. When I was in college I built a Fender Champ clone and gave it to her while she was learning to play guitar. I built a Metro Super Lead a few years ago and I never really used it much. I just like to tinker and build things. Since I wasn't using it and I already have two amps, I gave it to her for Christmas last year. She plays it through an Avatar 1x12 with an Alnico Blue. Sounds great!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by FourT6and2

View Post

lol wut?

Yeah, her dad (my brother in law) is a drummer and his influence on her is lots of good music. Her fav. band is Green Day and Katy Perry. But she's into Zeppelin and some older {censored}. When I was in college I built a Fender Champ clone and gave it to her while she was learning to play guitar. I built a Metro Super Lead a few years ago and I never really used it much. I just like to tinker and build things. Since I wasn't using it and I already have two amps, I gave it to her for Christmas last year. She plays it through an Avatar 1x12 with an Alnico Blue. Sounds great!

Man I hope she got you a "Worlds Coolest Uncle" shirt the following Xmas!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wok

View Post

me first. Do your worst.

ENGL Blackmore

ENGL 4x12

GMajor + Behringer FCB1010

Guitars:

USA G&L S-500

ESP Maverick (SD 59 neck /EMG 85 bridge)

Steinberger Spirit GU (SD Blackouts)

snacks.gif

You're kind of a tube-sniffer (Engl), but you're humble at the same time (Behringer).

You refuse to believe that what's popular is often times what's best. (no Gibson or Fender) You want to see yourself as a rebel. smile.gif

ha ha ha I have a feeling you're cool, so don't be offended.

And the fact that you'd start this thread shows that you are either gutsy, a perceptive thinker, or both.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G

View Post

hmmm... this should be interesting....

Guitars:

Gibson ES-137

Gibson Midtown P90

Custom Made LP Double Cut Type Guitar

Telecaster with P90s

American Special Telecaster

Alvarez Acoutsic

Amp:

Custom Plexi Clone with 2x12 Cabinet

You're kind of a classy player/listener because you emphasize hollow-body guitars, and you're confident and a decision-maker because you have only one amp, and a very desired one.

You only like acoustic to an extent, or else you're kind of a nice guy because you only own an acoustic because you "think you should". smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by almightycrunch

View Post

Les Paul and strat, plugged straight into the front end of a Splawn Quick Rod?

You like to cover the bases (guitars), but you're strong and smart enough to know that when only one base needs to be covered, you don't try to cover more than that(amp).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -=Pennywise=-

View Post

being the sarcastic asshole I am, I'm almost scared to post my rig and be excuted by the jury.....

You think it's kind of cool to be scary, but that's at least somewhat because you don't like being scared yourself. smile.gif Just kidding. You must post the rig. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bbutler123

View Post

You think it's kind of cool to be scary, but that's at least somewhat because you don't like being scared yourself. smile.gif Just kidding. You must post the rig. smile.gif

ok, {censored} it, here goes.....

Peavey Transfex Pro212s combo (made in 1997)

upgrades:

- latest firmware (v 2.0)

- Eminence Legend 75w speakers

- all leds in front have been changed to bright clear lens LED's

- bypassed the {censored}ty effects loop assembly in back, pre amp runs directly into power amp now. (all the effects are in the amp anyway, so I don't need the effects loop, which made this amp less reliable)

53043C.jpg

with one of these to control it, a behringer FCB1010 midi footcontroller:

upgrades:

- firmware replaced with the Uno firmware chip (gives me full stompbox mode with the amp)

- upgraded colored LEDs on the footswitches (top bank is all blue now, with the bottom 5 as green, green, yellow, orange, purple).

FCB1010_big5.jpg

When it was built back in 1997, it was ahead of its time. It's one of the most tube sounding SS amps I have ever played and the effects and amount of control over every parameter is amazing. I'll never get rid of this thing, it covers any sound I can think of while being reliable year after year. My only regret in owning it is the weight of it. it's well over 80 lbs.

Archived