Austin City Limits... What a great program on PBS!

colejustesen

• Members

The first one I saw had Ziggy Marley and it was super fun to watch. Ever since then I try to catch them whenever they are on.

I saw Mumford and Sons on there one day, and they put on a good show. One of these days I am going to be a part of that audience thumb.gif

Has anyone checked out the Steve Miller Band link yet? I love his Strat tone and the delay is love.gif especially on "Fly Like An Eagle"

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

it is hit or miss sometimes though.

Yeah, true. But the production and sound are always top notch.

I just recently stumbled across one of the later SRV performances. I think he was sober for this one and it's just incredible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Yeah, true. But the production and sound are always top notch.

I just recently stumbled across one of the later SRV performances. I think he was sober for this one and it's just incredible.

The difference between SRV's two ACL shows is hilarious! The first one he is coked up and wearing some goofy colorful {censored}. Totally has the pale coke sweats goin' on. The second one he's sober and wearing all black. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

The difference between SRV's two ACL shows is hilarious! The first one he is coked up and wearing some goofy colorful {censored}. Totally has the pale coke sweats goin' on. The second one he's sober and wearing all black. icon_lol.gif

El Mocambo is worse, I get the shakes seeing him that tweaked out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

it is hit or miss sometimes though.

This. Having said that, some of the most incredible musical performances I've ever seen were on ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by telephant

View Post

The second one he's sober and wearing all black. icon_lol.gif

He was also a stone-cold, fret-smokin' killer on that one. That show was what I was talking about as one of the best performances I've ever witnessed. Stevie was on {censored}ing FIRE that night.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti

View Post

This. Having said that, some of the most incredible musical performances I've ever seen were on ACL.

He was also a stone-cold, fret-smokin' killer on that one. That show was what I was talking about as one of the best performances I've ever witnessed. Stevie was on {censored}ing FIRE that night.

White hot man. Just {censored}ing blistering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJh2FFUUoU

• Members

I've been in Austin for 26 years and *still* haven't been to an ACL recording. I found out about the Steve Miller show after the fact and was totally bummed I missed it.

I did get to sit up front for a Billy Gibbons interview in that same studio, tho. So that's somethin' :)

• Members
The difference between SRV's two ACL shows is hilarious! The first one he is coked up and wearing some goofy colorful {censored}. Totally has the pale coke sweats goin' on. The second one he's sober and wearing all black.
:lol:

Id never even heard of him until I saw him on ACL, and I wasa blown away. It was the first time I'd ever been that impressed by a guitarists tone, and playing. The second time was when I saw Jimmy Thackery and the Drivers live in August of 98 in Eugene. My ex was 5 months pregnant with our daughter, and we spent the whole night practically right in front of one of the monitors so she wouldn't bumped into by the rest of the audience dancing in the bar. That big as woofer was right at belly level too. For the first year of her life, I could get her to sleep by playing Jimmy Thackery on the guitar:lol: Its also how I could settle her down if she was in a fit.

• Members

Id never even heard of him until I saw him on ACL, and I wasa blown away. It was the first time I'd ever been that impressed by a guitarists tone, and playing. The second time was when I saw Jimmy Thackery and the Drivers live in August of 98 in Eugene. My ex was 5 months pregnant with our daughter, and we spent the whole night practically right in front of one of the monitors so she wouldn't bumped into by the rest of the audience dancing in the bar. That big as woofer was right at belly level too. For the first year of her life, I could get her to sleep by playing Jimmy Thackery on the guitar:lol: Its also how I could settle her down if she was in a fit.

Haha that is awesome to hear about your kiddo! My wife and I are pregnant with our first, and I have been wondering what noises she is going to respond to that she heard in the womb.

My wife has a friend that lived in Austin, and she knows how much I love music, that she insists that we have to go see a performance there. Maybe when I am out of pharmacy school and making a pharmacist wage, I might have to make a trip!

Cole

Archived