the GC used site is BY FAR the best place to buy used gear these days

guitarbilly74

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Hey dude, that typically means the item has been sold. In my experience anyway.

However, you can call the store, and give them that number, and they can tell you if you still have it! I've found a couple of items that had been "sold" (they don't show up with the item number search), but when I called up, they still had it because of a return or mistake.

Just FYI smile.gif

It can also occur if the item was originally purchased from one store and then returned to another store. I did have this happen once, but then I used the "old-skool" method of picking up the phone and calling they were able to make the sale quickly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Hey dude, that typically means the item has been sold. In my experience anyway.

However, you can call the store, and give them that number, and they can tell you if you still have it! I've found a couple of items that had been "sold" (they don't show up with the item number search), but when I called up, they still had it because of a return or mistake.

Just FYI smile.gif

Could very well be

I was actually gonna buy that EP Booster, but then the Diamond Marquis caught my eye love.gif

I hope it's sexual

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr. moon

View Post

It can also occur if the item was originally purchased from one store and then returned to another store. I did have this happen once, but then I used the "old-skool" method of picking up the phone and calling they were able to make the sale quickly.

Yup, in fact, I did this just Monday...found an item, searched by item number nothing came up...Called the store and they still had it in stock, and just explained that it was a return from another store...Boom shipped out. Guitar was shipped for 10 bucks...You can negotiate shipping if you talk to the store too. He said he was going to charge me 20 bucks, and I was like, that seems steep, can you do 10? He said, "Sure man" icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

View Post

yeah, i call the store every time and if they quote me some crazy shipping price i normally either offer half (and they usually accept) or ill have them ship it to a store a few miles away for free and i pick it up.

They told me the "free shipping to store" option was only for new items and didnt apply to used items.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

They told me the "free shipping to store" option was only for new items and didnt apply to used items.

hmm...ive only done it once but the guy i spoke to on the phone from GC actually recommended it. i dont know, maybe the policy changed or he didnt know the policy. i just assumed they were all that way. confused.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul

View Post

Go to used.guitarcenter.com to see specific store inventory. If you find something you want that isn't local...copy down the part number and paste it into the actual GC.com site to purchase

Then post a link that works, cause when I type that in it just sends me to a searech page

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fortress55

View Post

yeah it work on when you search the item on the main Guitar center.. They said they can ship to canada but when you want to purchase something.. "UNABLE TO SHIP TO CANADA"

{censored} YOU

LAME!! I hate these {censored}ers that won't ship to Canada. If we're willing to pay shipping, what's the problem!?!?

• Members

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with a special shipping offer right now, but everything I'm putting in my cart to check out is giving me $12.50 to ship it to my house no matter what it is. Everything from a guitar to an oversize 412 cab idn_smilie.gif

Archived