the GC used site is BY FAR the best place to buy used gear these days

guitarbilly74

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by fortress55

View Post

where are the add to cart or buy button??

Depends on how you're navigating the site, honestly. If you're on used.guitarcenter it's different than if you're on guitarcenter.com/used

The latter one will have the option to add to cart, the former, you'll have to call or email.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr. moon

View Post

You can also grab (copy) the item number found on the used listing and do a keyword search on the GC main site using that number (paste it into the search field), then you can add it to your cart and see how much shipping will be.

That doesn't work for me. Or at least, it Won't work for every item. It seems some of the stuff on used.guitarcenter.com just does not show up on www.guitarcenter.com/used

I even tried searching a particular store's inventory - there are discrepancies between the two sites for sure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

That doesn't work for me. Or at least, it Won't work for every item. It seems some of the stuff on used.guitarcenter.com just does not show up on www.guitarcenter.com/used

I even tried searching a particular store's inventory - there are discrepancies between the two sites for sure.

Try searching that way on the main GC site, not the main GC used site.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul

View Post

Yep. I had a PRS Singlecut for a hit that I got there for $999. I've also seen 1x12 cabs mispriced at $19.

Remember when you used to have to go to GC in hopes of finding that elusive deal? Now you can just look online and find it thumb.gif

holy schnickies, I need to start looking there. I never bothered because I assumed that the local GC would have the same prices on used gear which is way above market.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr. moon

View Post

Try searching that way on the main GC site, not the main GC used site.

Item # 108505312 is a perfect example. It shows up on used.guitarcenter.com as an Xotic EP Booster for $78.99 - it can not be accessed on www.guitarcenter.com no matter how you try to find it.

I've tried searching by item number, item description, even browsed the stores used inventory. No dice

• Members

Other than the HC forums , GC used is the first place I look for used gear. Although , Ive never gotten a break on the shipping. Its usually astronomically high so I wait and find the gear somehwere else. My bass player bought an EB MM bass from GC Used and it cost him $90 to ship it from Des Moines to the Lincoln store. It was a lot more to have it shipped right to his house so he made the 200 mile drive to pick it up in Lincoln

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact

View Post

Item # 108505312 is a perfect example. It shows up on used.guitarcenter.com as an Xotic EP Booster for $78.99 - it can not be accessed on www.guitarcenter.com no matter how you try to find it.

I've tried searching by item number, item description, even browsed the stores used inventory. No dice

Hey dude, that typically means the item has been sold. In my experience anyway.

However, you can call the store, and give them that number, and they can tell you if you still have it! I've found a couple of items that had been "sold" (they don't show up with the item number search), but when I called up, they still had it because of a return or mistake.

Just FYI smile.gif

Archived