NAD: Marshall JCM600

Ovid9

• Members

From my own experience - be REALLY careful about overheating. I had the 60 combo and it completely {censored} the bed. They sound great, but they run HOT. Like...component melting hot. Mine crashed so hard the transformers had to be replaced.

I didn't bother.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From my own experience - be REALLY careful about overheating. I had the 60 combo and it completely {censored} the bed. They sound great, but they run HOT. Like...component melting hot. Mine crashed so hard the transformers had to be replaced.

I didn't bother.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by macgaj3 View Post

I didn't bother.
I'll definitely rig up some sort of cooling fan in there to move some air around.

Quote Originally Posted by primeholy View Post
not straight.
love.gif

Now that I think about it, my Peavey Bravo, which also has horizontally mounted tubes has a fan built in. That lil sucker is over 20 years old and still going strong so I'm thinking rigging up a good ventilation system will help this amp continue running for a good long time too.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by macgaj3 View Post

I didn't bother.
I'll definitely rig up some sort of cooling fan in there to move some air around.

Quote Originally Posted by primeholy View Post
not straight.
love.gif

Now that I think about it, my Peavey Bravo, which also has horizontally mounted tubes has a fan built in. That lil sucker is over 20 years old and still going strong so I'm thinking rigging up a good ventilation system will help this amp continue running for a good long time too.

Archived