Help me stop overanalyzing an amp purchase..

BrammyH

• Members

The Peavey Classic is a great amp. Probably the best amp for the money ever designed. 2 very usable channels. I'd take the Fender Blues Deluxe though. The Fender just has more character. The cleans are really nice, big and sparkly. The Peavey's cleans are good but don't have the same character the Fender has. If you go the Peavey route, I'd suggest the Delta Blues first before the Classic. The Delta Blues has a sweet tremolo circuit built in.

• Members

The Peavey Classic is a great amp. Probably the best amp for the money ever designed. 2 very usable channels. I'd take the Fender Blues Deluxe though. The Fender just has more character. The cleans are really nice, big and sparkly. The Peavey's cleans are good but don't have the same character the Fender has. If you go the Peavey route, I'd suggest the Delta Blues first before the Classic. The Delta Blues has a sweet tremolo circuit built in.

• Members

5150 III 50 watt.

I just picked one up, can do just about anything/everything there is out there--clean, crunchy, catastrophically driven. Okay, it isn't truly a 3 channel amp with 1 & 2 sharing settings, but keep the gain up on that channel and roll the volume back on your guitar for the clean tones and BAM, it is pretty much a 3 channel amp.

Yeah it is a little more, but you deserve and you are worth it DAMNIT after all you do! You deserve to treat yourself!

Derek

• Members

5150 III 50 watt.

I just picked one up, can do just about anything/everything there is out there--clean, crunchy, catastrophically driven. Okay, it isn't truly a 3 channel amp with 1 & 2 sharing settings, but keep the gain up on that channel and roll the volume back on your guitar for the clean tones and BAM, it is pretty much a 3 channel amp.

Yeah it is a little more, but you deserve and you are worth it DAMNIT after all you do! You deserve to treat yourself!

Derek

• Members

Peavey Classic 30 or 50. I have the 50 head, love that amp. Seriously amazing. Can't speak much for the 30, but the 50 can really do just about anything you could ask minus going into death metal or loud stoner rock territory.

Has great blues to rock tones, and awesome cleanes. The vyper is also a cool amp, but none of us would try to talk you out of getting new one, cause that's just cool. Knowing what I know now, if I were in your shoes, I'd go PV Classic series. They come in 4x10's, 1x12's, 2x12's, heads... Not sure if they have a 15" version. I've heard of a lot of amazing results with a 2x12 with a speaker swap. I'd bet the originals are also great though.

• Members

Peavey Classic 30 or 50. I have the 50 head, love that amp. Seriously amazing. Can't speak much for the 30, but the 50 can really do just about anything you could ask minus going into death metal or loud stoner rock territory.

Has great blues to rock tones, and awesome cleanes. The vyper is also a cool amp, but none of us would try to talk you out of getting new one, cause that's just cool. Knowing what I know now, if I were in your shoes, I'd go PV Classic series. They come in 4x10's, 1x12's, 2x12's, heads... Not sure if they have a 15" version. I've heard of a lot of amazing results with a 2x12 with a speaker swap. I'd bet the originals are also great though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH View Post
I stopped by my local GC and they had a used Egnator Tweaker at an already great price, that after trade-ins made it an unbelievable price.

So, I've got a new amp!
I picked one of these up not too long ago as well... They sound great and are super fun to play!

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrammyH View Post
I stopped by my local GC and they had a used Egnator Tweaker at an already great price, that after trade-ins made it an unbelievable price.

So, I've got a new amp!
I picked one of these up not too long ago as well... They sound great and are super fun to play!

Cole

Archived