This morning I lost a little buddy.

Cirrus

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks very much guys. Actually writing the op helped a lot, and your replies are the icing on the cake! We took her to the vet earlier, will scatter her over the back garden - she loved going out there in the rain, getting covered in plant seeds, and jumping on our clothes dripping wet. Also loved bringing in sticks like a dog...

At the moment her sister is sitting on Hannah's lap watching birds on a David Attenborough program raptly.icon_lol.gif

20130102_161755.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pink freud

View Post

Mojo dude.

All my cats have been and always will be indoor only cats ever since my little sister found one of ours half-eaten by neighborhood dogs. It's just safer for them.

I totally understand that point of view and its a conversation we had about ours a few times. The thing is we got them from a shelter at 8 months and they were already used to going outside. If we kept them in for more than a day or so they got very frustrated. We decided it was better they live a happy life with risks than be miserable cooped up inside. If we'd had them from babies it'd have been different, of course!

• Members

Thanks very much guys. Actually writing the op helped a lot, and your replies are the icing on the cake! We took her to the vet earlier, will scatter her over the back garden - she loved going out there in the rain, getting covered in plant seeds, and jumping on our clothes dripping wet. Also loved bringing in sticks like a dog...

At the moment her sister is sitting on Hannah's lap watching birds on a David Attenborough program raptly.icon_lol.gif

20130102_161755.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pink freud

View Post

Mojo dude.

All my cats have been and always will be indoor only cats ever since my little sister found one of ours half-eaten by neighborhood dogs. It's just safer for them.

I totally understand that point of view and its a conversation we had about ours a few times. The thing is we got them from a shelter at 8 months and they were already used to going outside. If we kept them in for more than a day or so they got very frustrated. We decided it was better they live a happy life with risks than be miserable cooped up inside. If we'd had them from babies it'd have been different, of course!

Archived