• Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux

View Post

STP - Tiny Music... Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop

Oh yeah, that one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City Their first album was a breakthough instant hit here, then this one was felt to be a damp squib, the following album was thought of as a return to form. But for me the songs on this album are open and heartfelt, and I don't listen to it much because there are moments I find pretty damn emotional.

This too, however no emotional attachment. Just a good album.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux

View Post

STP - Tiny Music... Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop

Oh yeah, that one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City Their first album was a breakthough instant hit here, then this one was felt to be a damp squib, the following album was thought of as a return to form. But for me the songs on this album are open and heartfelt, and I don't listen to it much because there are moments I find pretty damn emotional.

This too, however no emotional attachment. Just a good album.

• Members

We should rename this thread "Albums that everyone loves but the music industry isn't pushing them anymore so we think they're obscure or unpopular", lol. With a couple exceptions. Like Load, for example. A lot of people actually bash that album because it isn't 80's Metallica, but I really liked it.

• Members

We should rename this thread "Albums that everyone loves but the music industry isn't pushing them anymore so we think they're obscure or unpopular", lol. With a couple exceptions. Like Load, for example. A lot of people actually bash that album because it isn't 80's Metallica, but I really liked it.

• Members

Harvey Danger - "Where Have All the Merry Makers Gone?"

I bought this album back in '98 when "Flagpole Sitta" blew up, but never actually listened to it. I put it in the CD player last June and realized it's pretty damn good album. Catchy tunes, badass guitar and bass tones, musically interesting arrangements, and a good track layout.

Mark Lanegan - "Bubblegum"

An incredible album that no one really knows about. It was produced by Alain Johannes (Chris Cornell's "Euphoria Morning" album, Spinneret's self-titled album) and has several appearances from PJ Harvey love.gif The album makes me think of Tom Waits meets Nick Cave. Mark's voice is truly haunting.

• Members

I bought this album back in '98 when "Flagpole Sitta" blew up, but never actually listened to it. I put it in the CD player last June and realized it's pretty damn good album. Catchy tunes, badass guitar and bass tones, musically interesting arrangements, and a good track layout.

An incredible album that no one really knows about. It was produced by Alain Johannes (Chris Cornell's "Euphoria Morning" album, Spinneret's self-titled album) and has several appearances from PJ Harvey love.gif The album makes me think of Tom Waits meets Nick Cave. Mark's voice is truly haunting.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FuelGTRX

View Post

That Harvey Danger disc is quite possibly my absolute favorite album from the 90's.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FuelGTRX

View Post

That Harvey Danger disc is quite possibly my absolute favorite album from the 90's.

Archived