Charvels

guidedbyechoes

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Don't know but there were raging hardons on here for awhile about them...

Seems the flavor of the month for them has sense died down icon_lol.gif

Nah just everyone owns one now so there's no need to talk about buying one anymore icon_lol.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was really missing mine but found a Fender to fill it's spot and amazingly enough I like the Fender neck better. I did like the Dimarzio pups better in my So-Cal so I think this will get a Tone Zone soon. It's a shame they quit making the Charvels and these MIA Floyd Strats.

• Members

I was really missing mine but found a Fender to fill it's spot and amazingly enough I like the Fender neck better. I did like the Dimarzio pups better in my So-Cal so I think this will get a Tone Zone soon. It's a shame they quit making the Charvels and these MIA Floyd Strats.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by twisty571

View Post

Did you get that off the HCAF spam thread?

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by codecontra

View Post

I live in New England where we have fairly dramatic seasonal changes. I'm not saying I adjust the truss rod regularly, maybe 2-3 times a year. But having to remove the {censored}ing neck on a guitar, tweak the rod, reinstall, and then hope you got it right is, well, {censored}ing ridiculous. Based on principle alone (lazy, {censored}ty design) it pisses me off.

My San Dimas has the thinnest neck in my collection, but it's also made of quartersawn maple, which, in my mind, makes all the difference. I'm real, real picky about setup, and the neck on mine hasn't moved since the initial tweaks two years ago. It's easy to think that quartersawn won't make that much of a difference in stability, but when a Charvel holds its relief better than a 50s profile Gibson, you start to reconsider. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by skibob

View Post

I love my San Dimas Style 2 (the Tele shape). I still want a slime green So-Cal.

Very high quality made in the US guitar with an awesome neck.

I was initially concerned about the location of the truss rod adjustment, but in the 3 or 4 years I've owned it, I haven't needed to touch it since the initial setup.

Also, San Dimas Style 2 for the win. Mine:

Fendertypes003.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by codecontra

View Post

I live in New England where we have fairly dramatic seasonal changes. I'm not saying I adjust the truss rod regularly, maybe 2-3 times a year. But having to remove the {censored}ing neck on a guitar, tweak the rod, reinstall, and then hope you got it right is, well, {censored}ing ridiculous. Based on principle alone (lazy, {censored}ty design) it pisses me off.

My San Dimas has the thinnest neck in my collection, but it's also made of quartersawn maple, which, in my mind, makes all the difference. I'm real, real picky about setup, and the neck on mine hasn't moved since the initial tweaks two years ago. It's easy to think that quartersawn won't make that much of a difference in stability, but when a Charvel holds its relief better than a 50s profile Gibson, you start to reconsider. See below:

Quote Originally Posted by skibob

View Post

I love my San Dimas Style 2 (the Tele shape). I still want a slime green So-Cal.

Very high quality made in the US guitar with an awesome neck.

I was initially concerned about the location of the truss rod adjustment, but in the 3 or 4 years I've owned it, I haven't needed to touch it since the initial setup.

Also, San Dimas Style 2 for the win. Mine:

Fendertypes003.jpg

• Members

The truss rod adjustment isn't really _that_ much more of a hassle with the Charvel style neck. Takes about five minutes to do the adjustment, sure it's not as easy as on a "normal" truss-rod.

You don't have to remove the strings either. Just stick something under the floyd so that the strings are slacked, unscrew the neck and adjust the truss-rod, put the neck back on and remove whatever you have stuck underneath the floyd and you're set.

• Members

The truss rod adjustment isn't really _that_ much more of a hassle with the Charvel style neck. Takes about five minutes to do the adjustment, sure it's not as easy as on a "normal" truss-rod.

You don't have to remove the strings either. Just stick something under the floyd so that the strings are slacked, unscrew the neck and adjust the truss-rod, put the neck back on and remove whatever you have stuck underneath the floyd and you're set.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by '63-Strat

View Post

No actually,it was me going to sell it to raise more money for my new truck,I just wanted more money to get my payments lower and my bro came thru with the loot for me so I don't need to sell it now. Got my new truck to. Selling off alot of my "extra" stuff off on the bay to pay him back even though it isn't a big rush,just hate owing peoplethumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by '63-Strat

View Post

No actually,it was me going to sell it to raise more money for my new truck,I just wanted more money to get my payments lower and my bro came thru with the loot for me so I don't need to sell it now. Got my new truck to. Selling off alot of my "extra" stuff off on the bay to pay him back even though it isn't a big rush,just hate owing peoplethumb.gif

• Members

View Post

It's a nice one, I remember looking at it in the spam thread thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

It's a nice one, I remember looking at it in the spam thread thumb.gif

Archived