Charvels

guidedbyechoes

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by codecontra

View Post

I would love to get one, but can't get passed the fact that you have to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod. It's a stupid {censored}ing design that makes no damn sense. But, sweet looking and playing guitars.

I hate the truss rod design too (much prefer the EBMM or Wolfgang wheel style) but you don't actually have to pull the neck to adjust a San Dimas if you are nimble enough. On a So Cal the pickguard gets in the way.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

I would love to get one, but can't get passed the fact that you have to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod. It's a stupid {censored}ing design that makes no damn sense. But, sweet looking and playing guitars.

I hate the truss rod design too (much prefer the EBMM or Wolfgang wheel style) but you don't actually have to pull the neck to adjust a San Dimas if you are nimble enough. On a So Cal the pickguard gets in the way.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneV2

View Post

But you have to loosen the neck at least, right? Still retarded.

• Members

View Post

But you have to loosen the neck at least, right? Still retarded.

• Members

View Post

So how do you access the truss rod on the San Dimas??

You just angle the screwdriver under the fretboard extension, I do it all the time. On the US models you have to unscrew the neck pickup, but on the MIJs you don't (since they don't have pickup rings).

• Members

View Post

So how do you access the truss rod on the San Dimas??

You just angle the screwdriver under the fretboard extension, I do it all the time. On the US models you have to unscrew the neck pickup, but on the MIJs you don't (since they don't have pickup rings).

• Members

View Post

Interesting. I may just have to pick one up now. Just hope you aren't bull{censored}ting me. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Interesting. I may just have to pick one up now. Just hope you aren't bull{censored}ting me. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Nope, it's true. Still inconvenient on the US ones, but at least you don't have to take the strings off for every little tweak.

• Members

View Post

Nope, it's true. Still inconvenient on the US ones, but at least you don't have to take the strings off for every little tweak.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ju5t1n20

View Post

I really miss both of mine. The SoCal and San Dimas were awesome. The necks were amazing feeling. Compound 12-16, not the standard fender 9.5. The guitar felt right. I will own another one one day. The fact that they were discontinued by Charvel makes them less of a big deal now. Why in the world they would discontinue the, and replace them with the {censored}ty looking schecter wannabe Desolations makes me shake my head.

Because the Japanese factory that was making them went bankrupt. They were forced to relocate.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ju5t1n20

View Post

I really miss both of mine. The SoCal and San Dimas were awesome. The necks were amazing feeling. Compound 12-16, not the standard fender 9.5. The guitar felt right. I will own another one one day. The fact that they were discontinued by Charvel makes them less of a big deal now. Why in the world they would discontinue the, and replace them with the {censored}ty looking schecter wannabe Desolations makes me shake my head.

Because the Japanese factory that was making them went bankrupt. They were forced to relocate.

• Members

View Post

There is a black San Dimas Pro Mod for sale in my area. Pro Mod = MIJ if IIRC so I should be able to access the truss rod as you noted. He is looking for $680 with case, but I can probably get him down to the $600 range if I play my cards right.

• Members

View Post

There is a black San Dimas Pro Mod for sale in my area. Pro Mod = MIJ if IIRC so I should be able to access the truss rod as you noted. He is looking for $680 with case, but I can probably get him down to the $600 range if I play my cards right.

Archived