Average hours you play guitar every week

amt7565

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by JimAnsell View Post
an embarrassingly low amount ever since i started to take my job, and career path a bit more seriously, and i'm a daddy, ....and i'm not in a band anymore.
i'm even down to just one electric, and one amp! eek.gif
I remember your everlasting trek through Mesa MK amps biggrin.gif
It's been a "few" years, Jim smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JimAnsell View Post
an embarrassingly low amount ever since i started to take my job, and career path a bit more seriously, and i'm a daddy, ....and i'm not in a band anymore.
i'm even down to just one electric, and one amp! eek.gif
I remember your everlasting trek through Mesa MK amps biggrin.gif
It's been a "few" years, Jim smile.gif

• Members

4-5 hour with the band and maybe 2 -5 hours at home... it really change from week to week but i try to play everyday 1/2 hour at least. i used to play 20-30 hours a week but i lack the passion a little to do so these day.

• Members

one thing I've noticed, is that when I am in a band, my playing is a lot sharper and far more accurate. It's amazing the difference I notice.

I have a really good thing going with my current band, I cross my fingers every day that we progress and continue to have fun.

• Members

Whenever I'm at home watching TV, I always grab my guitar and either run scales, or work on palm muting techniques (trips, quads, ect.), and on weekends when neighbors are more laid back, I'll jam on the amps for 2 hours or so. So, in total >20 hours. But, as of late, I've kinda hit a bad case of writer's block. It's hard to find talented musicians to jam with out here. It seems like everyone's all nu-metal or screamo out here. I really wish there was a way to find decent musicians looking to form bands other than going to shows and Craigslist...

• Members

No where near enough. When I first started, I was really dilligent and got in AT LEAST an hour of real practice a day, not noodling, real dedicated practice. Its tougher now being a dad and running a business but the truth is that the only thing holding me back is time management because I could easily find the time if I took a few minutes to think about it... as it is, I get maybe 30min a day of noddling/jamming over backing tracks...

Archived