OT: This forum has been nearly unusable for 2 days now...

KCTigerChief

• Members

Yup. It's a {censored}ing joke. And before anyone says: "Oh it's free stop whining."

BULL{censored}. I spent {censored}ing thousands of dollars at Guitar Center and Musicians Friend, so suck my ass.

And just because you're providing a "free" service, doesn't mean it should be a piece of {censored}. There are thousands of "free" forums out there that don't suck ass. These assclowns need to get their {censored} together.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup. It's a {censored}ing joke. And before anyone says: "Oh it's free stop whining."

BULL{censored}. I spent {censored}ing thousands of dollars at Guitar Center and Musicians Friend, so suck my ass.

And just because you're providing a "free" service, doesn't mean it should be a piece of {censored}. There are thousands of "free" forums out there that don't suck ass. These assclowns need to get their {censored} together.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

Its unacceptable. I'm actually having to do work to stave off boredom icon_lol.gif

See, this is the bull{censored} right here that chaps my ass. Get it together {censored}ers, or my boss is gonna find out I'm capable of actually doing {censored} during the day.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra

View Post

Its unacceptable. I'm actually having to do work to stave off boredom icon_lol.gif

See, this is the bull{censored} right here that chaps my ass. Get it together {censored}ers, or my boss is gonna find out I'm capable of actually doing {censored} during the day.

• Members

I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.

The only way this forum is going to get better is if someone targets the root problem, and the site starts making more money. Only then will the parent company invest in upgraded hardware and software. My guess is that is never going to happen. I've considered many times over the years buying a dedicated server and basically cloning the forums. My issue is that I'm looking at about $200-$300 per month and probably no return on that for at least a year, possibly more. There's also no guarantee that a large percentage will migrate. So anyone who wants to do it is going to have to basically gamble about $3000. I'm not willing to do that now, but I may be willing to in a year or so.

• Members

I think the problem with this forum goes deeper than technical issues. The real root of the problem is poor monetization, which results in poor ROI, which results in low cash flow, which results in poor hardware and staff.

The only way this forum is going to get better is if someone targets the root problem, and the site starts making more money. Only then will the parent company invest in upgraded hardware and software. My guess is that is never going to happen. I've considered many times over the years buying a dedicated server and basically cloning the forums. My issue is that I'm looking at about $200-$300 per month and probably no return on that for at least a year, possibly more. There's also no guarantee that a large percentage will migrate. So anyone who wants to do it is going to have to basically gamble about $3000. I'm not willing to do that now, but I may be willing to in a year or so.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

I've also thought about doing the same thing....

but I remember when we had the debacle changing over from the last software, that this site was screwed for days at a time. A few other sites popped up, but nobody migrated, to use your term.

Need to find an investor.

• Members

View Post

I've also thought about doing the same thing....

but I remember when we had the debacle changing over from the last software, that this site was screwed for days at a time. A few other sites popped up, but nobody migrated, to use your term.

Need to find an investor.

• Members

View Post

The problem with this theory is the fact they did the jive 2.0 debacle. A clear indicator they aren't afraid of throwing huge amounts of money at the problem. I think the real problem is the decision makers want flashy, fancy image filled {censored} and THAT'S where they want to put the money. Screw putting any investment into functionality.

I'm still surprised they rolled back after that hose up on the forums. I'm guessing they still make something off ad revenue or they wouldn't have given a {censored} that people were leaving in droves.

Sadly, the decision makers can likely point at that mess now any time a possible fix is mentioned and say, "but we already wasted $X on it and look what that got us!" And the spiral of fail continues.

The whole story seems depressingly familiar for anybody involved in IT where the people with the knowledge are prevented from steering policy and/or spending.

• Members

View Post

The problem with this theory is the fact they did the jive 2.0 debacle. A clear indicator they aren't afraid of throwing huge amounts of money at the problem. I think the real problem is the decision makers want flashy, fancy image filled {censored} and THAT'S where they want to put the money. Screw putting any investment into functionality.

I'm still surprised they rolled back after that hose up on the forums. I'm guessing they still make something off ad revenue or they wouldn't have given a {censored} that people were leaving in droves.

Sadly, the decision makers can likely point at that mess now any time a possible fix is mentioned and say, "but we already wasted $X on it and look what that got us!" And the spiral of fail continues.

The whole story seems depressingly familiar for anybody involved in IT where the people with the knowledge are prevented from steering policy and/or spending.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

Pretty much this. The overall look and feel of the forum is fine. The functionality is complete {censored}. When they rolled out the new and improved 2.0, they only managed to change up the look. Worse yet they somehow brought about even worse functionality. It's bush league.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

Pretty much this. The overall look and feel of the forum is fine. The functionality is complete {censored}. When they rolled out the new and improved 2.0, they only managed to change up the look. Worse yet they somehow brought about even worse functionality. It's bush league.

Archived