The Laney Posse! join up!!

StringBreaker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by exposeenmity

Well, I've tried my newest setup and didn't care for it. I went back to my Laney VH100R with a boost infront and damn, it's all there. I'm not going to sell it anymore, I would end up killing myself if I did. I think that I'm just going to send it back to Jerry at FJA mods to put one of those half power switches in, bias it, and put all new tubes in. One, or more, of the tubes have gone microphonic and something's afoot inside because it blew 2 of the HT fuses today, but now everything's fine.confused.gif

Anyway, hooraay for my FJA modified VH100R!!!

thumb.gif

Good thing you came to your senses!!!...lol

• Members

Originally posted by exposeenmity

Well, I've tried my newest setup and didn't care for it. I went back to my Laney VH100R with a boost infront and damn, it's all there. I'm not going to sell it anymore, I would end up killing myself if I did. I think that I'm just going to send it back to Jerry at FJA mods to put one of those half power switches in, bias it, and put all new tubes in. One, or more, of the tubes have gone microphonic and something's afoot inside because it blew 2 of the HT fuses today, but now everything's fine.confused.gif

Anyway, hooraay for my FJA modified VH100R!!!

thumb.gif

Good thing you came to your senses!!!...lol

• Members

Originally posted by acev

Im thinking of selling my GH100L and buying Engl fireballfreak.gif . Or should I try new tubes and Eq and some boost in front of it first ? Its a little buzzy, raw and gritty now..not smooth enough. Im thinking of JJ kt77 or Ruby EL34, for a little change..I have stock sovteks 6l6wgc in there now..Its not a very good tube according to eurotubes...flabby, harsh and piercing frown.gif . I just put an add to the internet, its not too late to take it off ! Convince me !! Is fireball much better ?

IMO you are going to regret selling your GH100l for a Fireball. Change to KT77 or SED el34s. Change preamp tubes and more importantly Like VH100R said put a Boss GE7 Eq in the loop and it's tone heaven!! He wasn't kidding around!! I tried that yesterday with my Laney's and Orange and it was killer!!

• Members

Originally posted by acev

Im thinking of selling my GH100L and buying Engl fireballfreak.gif . Or should I try new tubes and Eq and some boost in front of it first ? Its a little buzzy, raw and gritty now..not smooth enough. Im thinking of JJ kt77 or Ruby EL34, for a little change..I have stock sovteks 6l6wgc in there now..Its not a very good tube according to eurotubes...flabby, harsh and piercing frown.gif . I just put an add to the internet, its not too late to take it off ! Convince me !! Is fireball much better ?

IMO you are going to regret selling your GH100l for a Fireball. Change to KT77 or SED el34s. Change preamp tubes and more importantly Like VH100R said put a Boss GE7 Eq in the loop and it's tone heaven!! He wasn't kidding around!! I tried that yesterday with my Laney's and Orange and it was killer!!

• Members

Originally posted by destined2nate

opened mine up...looked pretty tidy...and solid...love my amp.

Small question.

Are the power/pre tubes chassis mounted wired off the main pcb? Jacks and pots? are they pcb mounted or chassis mounted?

I got the LC30 and while the valves are chassis mounted, the jacks and pots are pcb mounted mad.gif

Anyhow... is there any reason to go for a boutique head comparatively to a GH50L?

• Members

Originally posted by destined2nate

opened mine up...looked pretty tidy...and solid...love my amp.

Small question.

Are the power/pre tubes chassis mounted wired off the main pcb? Jacks and pots? are they pcb mounted or chassis mounted?

I got the LC30 and while the valves are chassis mounted, the jacks and pots are pcb mounted mad.gif

Anyhow... is there any reason to go for a boutique head comparatively to a GH50L?

• Members

Originally posted by math2014

Small question.

If you want to waste some cash go for it.

a boutique head will cost a stupid amount, a GH50L is less than

• Members

Small question.

If you want to waste some cash go for it.

a boutique head will cost a stupid amount, a GH50L is less than

• Members

Is it really a waste and snobbery or a THD 1400GBP or Orange or Diezel will sound better than the 400GBP Laney?

For the money! I don't think many amps come close to a Laney!

The Orange I have has a bit more clarity but doesn't have the natural saturation of the Laney. But use a BOSS GE7 and you'll be just fine!!

• Members

Is it really a waste and snobbery or a THD 1400GBP or Orange or Diezel will sound better than the 400GBP Laney?

For the money! I don't think many amps come close to a Laney!

The Orange I have has a bit more clarity but doesn't have the natural saturation of the Laney. But use a BOSS GE7 and you'll be just fine!!

• Members

Originally posted by StringBreaker

Lets do this!!

Laneys need respect!!

mad.gif

Laney VC-50 here, I previously had an LC-30 and moved up to the 50 watter. Extremely versatile, great sounding amp. I'm considering selling it though, it's more than I need for my basement. I already have a Peavey XXX head and Marshall cabinet if I need power. Anyone want to make me an offer?

• Members

Originally posted by StringBreaker

Lets do this!!

Laneys need respect!!

mad.gif

Laney VC-50 here, I previously had an LC-30 and moved up to the 50 watter. Extremely versatile, great sounding amp. I'm considering selling it though, it's more than I need for my basement. I already have a Peavey XXX head and Marshall cabinet if I need power. Anyone want to make me an offer?

Archived