The Laney Posse! join up!!

StringBreaker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, looks like another new club has been started--

The Laney Posse!!!thumb.gif

I'll start adding this to my sig below!!! the rest of you I invite and encourage to do the same--Laneys are quite the happening amps, and all of you have reminded me of that fact, which is awesome and gives me great memories of gigging w/ my Laney AOR100 long agobiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

yeah, LET'S DO THIS!!!

• Members

Well, looks like another new club has been started--

The Laney Posse!!!thumb.gif

I'll start adding this to my sig below!!! the rest of you I invite and encourage to do the same--Laneys are quite the happening amps, and all of you have reminded me of that fact, which is awesome and gives me great memories of gigging w/ my Laney AOR100 long agobiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

yeah, LET'S DO THIS!!!

• Members

"Definitely a true veteran!!"

Indeed, I got hooked on these when they came out,and have stuck with them ever since. Unlike a lot of these folks with the attention span and imagination God gave a gnat,who have to rush out to buy (blindly over ebay,more often than not) every new head that comes out-Ive been able to reach almost any and every tone I could want out of this one head. From Bassman cleans (warm and full) on the low input -to outright peal your face off gain on the high input and everything inbetween. Granted you cant switch on the fly between them,but who really does all that often to justify it anyway?

Those who claim they cant get enough gain or "grunt" out of these things never bothered to spend the whole 3 minutes of tweaking it takes to discover the full range of tones you can achieve with them. Ive recorded Metal,Jazz, and Acoustic works with this thing over the years with no problems whatsoever. Theyre built like tanks-this one twice survived flood damage,has survived a tour-van crash that totaled the vehicle,has been knocked over,kicked,dropped, and subjected to unimaginable abuses over the yeasrs-and STILL kicks ass.

• Members

Indeed, I got hooked on these when they came out,and have stuck with them ever since. Unlike a lot of these folks with the attention span and imagination God gave a gnat,who have to rush out to buy (blindly over ebay,more often than not) every new head that comes out-Ive been able to reach almost any and every tone I could want out of this one head. From Bassman cleans (warm and full) on the low input -to outright peal your face off gain on the high input and everything inbetween. Granted you cant switch on the fly between them,but who really does all that often to justify it anyway?

Those who claim they cant get enough gain or "grunt" out of these things never bothered to spend the whole 3 minutes of tweaking it takes to discover the full range of tones you can achieve with them. Ive recorded Metal,Jazz, and Acoustic works with this thing over the years with no problems whatsoever. Theyre built like tanks-this one twice survived flood damage,has survived a tour-van crash that totaled the vehicle,has been knocked over,kicked,dropped, and subjected to unimaginable abuses over the yeasrs-and STILL kicks ass.

• Members

Originally posted by jmartin

I remember playing my first Laney some years ago at a hrly rate rental space and they had a Laney..not sure but looks like an AOR series. Sounded great!

After owning VH100R and LH50R for 4 years now. The still sound great! And they are very reliable!! Neverhad a problem duing rehearsals and shows! except when there was a tube going bad. They are just fantastic amps!!!

• Members

Originally posted by jmartin

I remember playing my first Laney some years ago at a hrly rate rental space and they had a Laney..not sure but looks like an AOR series. Sounded great!

After owning VH100R and LH50R for 4 years now. The still sound great! And they are very reliable!! Neverhad a problem duing rehearsals and shows! except when there was a tube going bad. They are just fantastic amps!!!

Archived