The Laney Posse! join up!!

StringBreaker

• Members

Originally posted by V-Type

GH 50L. The best one channel amp Ive ever owned. I love how a guitars volume control can change this amps tones so much.

Originally posted by Crusher

+1

+2

i am a new Laney owner (just got my GH50L this monday) and haven't had too much chance to do a lot of experimenting yet but that's one of the first thing i noticed.

and i also love it's organic grittiness.

i'm new to single channel heads, so i'm really kinda flyin blind here. but from what i've seen so far, i expect great things from it - if my hearing doesn't go out first. damn it's loud!

(any general tips for a Laney nube?)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Laney AOR ProTube50 head (8 knobber). I dial in a classic crunch with all the gain knobs a little past noon for a warm vintagey british sound. Then I boost it with my trusty SD-1. The amp has plenty of gain on its own but, its buzzzy and harsh with the gains jacked up. It has a more full bodied tone than my 2204 but, the 2204 has its own magic as well. I can't decide which I like better and end up going back and forth.

• Members

Laney AOR ProTube50 head (8 knobber). I dial in a classic crunch with all the gain knobs a little past noon for a warm vintagey british sound. Then I boost it with my trusty SD-1. The amp has plenty of gain on its own but, its buzzzy and harsh with the gains jacked up. It has a more full bodied tone than my 2204 but, the 2204 has its own magic as well. I can't decide which I like better and end up going back and forth.

• Members

Bss-nDrums -I seconded your emial with one of my own-thnx for the link-here's a copy of what I sent. Ill post the reply if one comes.

"A number of us at HC have been discussing your products at length lately. There are many of us long-time users and everyday more and more new inductees into Laneydom! We would love to have a dedicated venue through which to discuss the amps,to give tips and pointers in thier use,to swap/trade and so forth. If it is a matter of personnel to manage it or a need of technical assitance to maintain it, Im sure there are many among us who would be willing to assist, if needed. Please give it some serious thought. "

• Members

Bss-nDrums -I seconded your emial with one of my own-thnx for the link-here's a copy of what I sent. Ill post the reply if one comes.

"A number of us at HC have been discussing your products at length lately. There are many of us long-time users and everyday more and more new inductees into Laneydom! We would love to have a dedicated venue through which to discuss the amps,to give tips and pointers in thier use,to swap/trade and so forth. If it is a matter of personnel to manage it or a need of technical assitance to maintain it, Im sure there are many among us who would be willing to assist, if needed. Please give it some serious thought. "

• Members

Originally posted by jmartin

very nice!! Hopefully more folks here will keep bugging Laney and maybe they'll reconsider having a forum!

• Members

Originally posted by jmartin

very nice!! Hopefully more folks here will keep bugging Laney and maybe they'll reconsider having a forum!

• Members

Well, I've tried my newest setup and didn't care for it. I went back to my Laney VH100R with a boost infront and damn, it's all there. I'm not going to sell it anymore, I would end up killing myself if I did. I think that I'm just going to send it back to Jerry at FJA mods to put one of those half power switches in, bias it, and put all new tubes in. One, or more, of the tubes have gone microphonic and something's afoot inside because it blew 2 of the HT fuses today, but now everything's fine.confused.gif

Anyway, hooraay for my FJA modified VH100R!!!

thumb.gif

• Members

Well, I've tried my newest setup and didn't care for it. I went back to my Laney VH100R with a boost infront and damn, it's all there. I'm not going to sell it anymore, I would end up killing myself if I did. I think that I'm just going to send it back to Jerry at FJA mods to put one of those half power switches in, bias it, and put all new tubes in. One, or more, of the tubes have gone microphonic and something's afoot inside because it blew 2 of the HT fuses today, but now everything's fine.confused.gif

Anyway, hooraay for my FJA modified VH100R!!!

thumb.gif

• Members

Im thinking of selling my GH100L and buying Engl fireballfreak.gif . Or should I try new tubes and Eq and some boost in front of it first ? Its a little buzzy, raw and gritty now..not smooth enough. Im thinking of JJ kt77 or Ruby EL34, for a little change..I have stock sovteks 6l6wgc in there now..Its not a very good tube according to eurotubes...flabby, harsh and piercing frown.gif . I just put an add to the internet, its not too late to take it off ! Convince me !! Is fireball much better ?

• Members

Im thinking of selling my GH100L and buying Engl fireballfreak.gif . Or should I try new tubes and Eq and some boost in front of it first ? Its a little buzzy, raw and gritty now..not smooth enough. Im thinking of JJ kt77 or Ruby EL34, for a little change..I have stock sovteks 6l6wgc in there now..Its not a very good tube according to eurotubes...flabby, harsh and piercing frown.gif . I just put an add to the internet, its not too late to take it off ! Convince me !! Is fireball much better ?

Archived