The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

-Juggernaut-

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -DOOM-

View Post

how do the Cyclone and Rg100es compare in tone, thickness. I understand that the cyclone has more gain, though is it just as thick as a boosted 100es? Is the gain really dry and or buzzy and can it doe a mid gain, thick tone without thinning out. Looking at both at "drop A" tuning....

The Cyclone can definitely cop the basic RG tone but there is a {censored}ton more gain and an absolutely ridiculous amount of volume/power on that amp. Not a lot of mid-gain tone on that amp though, with the gain on 3-4 it's already heavy as {censored} and it's only uphill from there. I was never, ever able to use the gain past 6 on that amp and even that was too much. If you crank the channel volume, you will drown your drummer with the master volume on 2, no {censored}. The key with the Cyclone is to use it with a 4ohms cab to get the full wattage out of the power amp. It sounds a bit weak with a higher impedance TBH, but with a 4ohms cab it {censored}ing rules.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Spaced Out Ace View Post
You could always give it to me since you aren't using it. cop.gif
haha, expected someone to respond like that. Though I think the hiatuses are over biggrin.gif

V2 garage playing the night before...

IMAG0870.jpg

Billy BTW, I think I have the same volume pedal as you... found it in my dad's old music gear. FWIW, it {censored}ing sucks icon_lol.gif

• Members

P9240296.jpgP9240304.jpgP9240305.jpg

My new RG1503 . This is the best SS amp i've played , the bass boost is a great addition it adds lowend yes but more importantly it removes alot of brightness and softens up the dist and makes it sound more like a tube amp does when the Power Tubes saturate. Like the V2 and T2 this amp is killer. The midscoop is also a huge feature, and if you like to crank the mids this thing has more than your typical tubeamp to my ears.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived