The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

-Juggernaut-

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Juggernaut-

View Post

nothing I can think of atm...... cry.gif

frown.gif Keep it in mind ...

My goal this year is to cut back on gear while getting a few things I would like to have. I have too much stuff I don't use. Maybe get back to 2ish amps and 2-3 guitars and some control units with FX.

I think right now I plan to trade in a few guitars and order me a new Charvel MIJ Black So-Cal. I love those love.gif

Then I want some supplemental items for amps, like a GSP1101, HD500, or G Major 2, etc...

Id like a good 412 like Mesa, but those are too much of a pain to not find local...

Oh... And an Invader icon_lol.gif

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Juggernaut-

View Post

I'll keep it in mind.... p.m. me a price if you decide to sell it, maybe we can work something out wink.gif

I think it is inevitable, it will just be when I get off my lazy ass and do it, lol.

I am just sick of having gear I spend more time dusting than playing...

• Members

Wow, y'know there's surprisingly little user info out there regarding the V2. I've done a few google searches.

Anybody here own one and try swapping the tubes? I know the Archetype and Ninja variants ship with different preamp tubes, but what about changing the one in the valve-dynamic power section? Can you for example, pop something like a Sovtek or a JJ in there for more bark and growl?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

RM100 w/ Rectified, Blackface and SL+ modules...

The SL+ is pre-JCM mod, so it actually sounds like a boosted Super Lead; I still have the stock tubes in it at the moment, but when I have the $, it'll be Tung-Sol pres, and =C=s

As much as I love the RM Series, I'm not too crazy about the sig Randall sound; I bought my amp because of the 'analog amp-modelling' abilities...

...and it's alot easier to send out a little preamp module to be worked on, rather than an amp head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone had a chance to play the new Randall RG-8040 FET based solid state combo,or the new all-tube 50 watt Diavlo amps?This clip of the Diavlo shows the amp to have some real potential,though I'm not quite as sure about the RG-8040.

Ed

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdMan57

View Post

Has anyone had a chance to play the new Randall RG-8040 FET based solid state combo,or the new all-tube 50 watt Diavlo amps?This clip of the Diavlo shows the amp to have some real potential,though I'm not quite as sure about the RG-8040.

Ed

There's something he plays around 4:59 or so that reminds me of Megadeth. Is that like a second of the intro to High Speed Dirt or something?

• Members

Killer new 'Lynch' amp...Funky Munky Music has the only one right now and thanks to them for the demo below.

Personally I was disappointed to see Randall move away from the MTS format but this integrated amp does sound killer and retains some of the killer MTS features (external biasing for one, universal Power tranny for another):

'SuperV'

'Judge'

'Unholy Grail'

'Lynch Box' is in quotes in the title as I'm sure it'll only be used 5% of the time by the man(yet again) :-/ but I think this amp sounds absolutely killer..supposed to be around $1100 street price too....if I didn't have all this in modular format, it would be a serious contender for must-have! m/

• Members

Does anyone have the RM4 preamp thingy?? MY lead guitard bought another 2:90 and is going to let my singer use his old 2:90 if he wants, and the more I think about it the Recto might be over his head "dial in" wise, and a lot of the bands we like use Randall, so... Thought I'd suggest that to him. smile.gif

• Members

Well...I'm a {censored}ing Randall whore!

Not that my V2 wasn't plenty enough...it is, in every way.

But I missed my old Cyclone head, nonetheless. That thing was my sound for almost 7 years.

So...just snagged one up off Ebay dirt cheap with some B-day cash I'd gotten.

All things considered, I'm certain layering a Cyclone with my V2 in my tracks is going to yield insane results.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced Out Ace

View Post

fixed. redface.gif

Well...I suppose it's a given. Heheh.

I already have done some preliminary recordings using just the V2, doing two tracks of rhythm, one side the SS channel, one the tube, and it was VERY thick sounding. But somehow, sat well with the bass. A friend of mine said it's like reminded him a bit of of both Crowbar, and Gojira. I'll probably post it once I flesh out the song some more.

I'm also putting together a gothic doom metal version of "Sad But True" as well. might post that too once done. This thread needs more clips, showcasing what Randalls can do! thumb.gif

• Members

Took some pics of the current wall of doom. Now with the addition of my new Cyclone. I had to "re-tolexe" the front with some faux leather upholstery fabric my girlfriend had, since the previous owner tore it off....which probably is why I got it so cheap. It actually looks like 98% perfect in person.

FamilyPortrait02.jpg

FamilyPortrait03.jpg

Backline02.jpg

Backline01.jpg

• Members

I had a cyclone a while back. Really liked it and missed it when I got rid of it in favor of a 5150II. I have a T2 right now that I was supposed to sell to fund the recent DSL100 purchase....but I don't think I can let it go...its crushing, and sounds soooo damn good.

I'd like to try an eq, and maybe even a slight boost out front. Is the fish and chips a good cheap option or go for the mxr 10 band? Boostwise I'm thinking the ZW-44.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by detunedman

View Post

I had a cyclone a while back. Really liked it and missed it when I got rid of it in favor of a 5150II. I have a T2 right now that I was supposed to sell to fund the recent DSL100 purchase....but I don't think I can let it go...its crushing, and sounds soooo damn good.

I'd like to try an eq, and maybe even a slight boost out front. Is the fish and chips a good cheap option or go for the mxr 10 band? Boostwise I'm thinking the ZW-44.

I've heard good things about the Fish n' Chips. Never tried it myself though. I DO have a mint Behringer 7 band EQ pedal I don't need that I'm looking to sell, if you want an EQ on the cheap to try.

I almost bought the T2 til I saw they had the V2 for not too much more. It's all the extra EQ options really that clinched it for me. I'm a control freak like that.

And personally, I'd keep the Randall over the Marshall. Both are great heads, but the T2's got much more of it's own vibe and character. Plus it's just a meaner head typically. Marshalls can do that too...but they usually need a little extra boost, and some serious volume to get their.

Cyclone over 5150II is a tough call. Both are equally great, just different flavors. Me, I'm not giving up my Cyclone for nothing this time. I know better now. Hheheh

Archived