My new look Jet City JCA22H

markyt77

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really thought hard about chickens on the whole range initially, but obviously decided to go with the top hats like Soldano does. It's why I am putting chickens on the HV too, they really change the look of the amp a lot. White ones even more so.

Hell Yeah!

DSC_0131.jpg

• Members

Hell Yeah!

DSC_0131.jpg

Yeah - that right there is HOT. I think I saw it on FB? Sometimes I think I should have done this look to begin with, but on the other hand I think it's actually quite fun for owners (and for me) to see these cosmetic mods. It's part of the JCA community I really enjoy.

• Members

:thu:

Yeah -
that right there is HOT
. I think I saw it on FB? Sometimes I think I should have done this look to begin with, but on the other hand I think it's actually quite fun for owners (and for me) to see these cosmetic mods. It's part of the JCA community I really enjoy.

My Gawd... you just made my day:thu:

• Members

I forgot to mention I kind of like this look it's a little different.

How is low end in the cab now?

still alot of low end with the v30 in it, but so much more clarity now. I didn't understand why the sound was so muffled compared to the original eminence, but I'm happy with it now :)

• Members

still alot of low end with the v30 in it, but so much more clarity now. I didn't understand why the sound was so muffled compared to the original eminence, but I'm happy with it now
:)

Good to know, I hated the eminence speaker at first but now it's plate in a bit it sounds a little better.

The tube swap in my JCA20 combo made a huge change sound for me though. Surprisingly so.

• Members

V30's are by far the best option for the JCA, in my opinion, they were made for each other.

Amp looks good. I'd personally have used a different type of grill, but it looks cool anyway

I might have to look into that, I am not a fan normally but it's something I want to try

• Members

V30's are by far the best option for the JCA, in my opinion, they were made for each other.

Amp looks good. I'd personally have used a different type of grill, but it looks cool anyway

Have you tried them with the 20watters? I imagine that the EL84 will sound different than the 6L6s with the V30. I have not tried them, but I wonder.