Cancelled My Larrivee Order

Rada

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

Ok. Someone's gotta say it, may as well be me:

Is it right to judge a company and it's products by the attitude of the reps at a trade show?

I think that'd be like judging a plumber by whether or not the crack of his ass shows when he's working on the pipes.

i think Rada said that it was a Larrivee family member... i would tend to agree with you, JT, if it were Johnny Noname... but if it really was a family member, then thats pretty sad

• Members

Originally posted by FingerBone Bill

It's a "French" thing - they can't help it. You just can't fight culture and genes!

I'm a french canadian.... what is written above is what we often say about french from France... they can't help it! For sure!

• Members

if you have to deal with them, talk to corey or ricky if possible - they were helpful everytime i dealt with them (the store i used to work at was a larrivee dealer).

i saw them at namm last year but i'm not sure if they were there this time or not...

• Members

Originally posted by Cldplytkmn

i think Rada said that it was a Larrivee family member... i would tend to agree with you, JT, if it were Johnny Noname... but if it really was a family member, then thats pretty sad

Yeah, but I hear CFM is a jerk too. And I'm not gonna stop buying their guitars based on that. He and most other CEOs don't build the guitars. They just talk about 'em. Joe Noname is back there carving the braces, sanding the tops, bending the sides.

I happen to think Joe's doing a fine job for Larri and Marti.

• Members

Originally posted by JasmineTea

Yeah, but I hear CFM is a jerk too. And I'm not gonna stop buying their guitars based on that. He and most other CEOs don't build the guitars. They just talk about 'em. Joe Noname is back there carving the braces, sanding the tops, bending the sides.

I happen to think Joe's doing a fine job for Larri and Marti.

oh yeah, i hear ya on that JT... the CEOs just need to make sure they still have people to build the guitars FOR... thats all. My confidence in larrivee as a guitar maker hasn't faltered.

• Members

Rada,

I fully understand you. Jerks also make me completly lose faith in a company or a store. The fact that the person was a Larrivee does kind of explain things though. This person just works for the company because they were born in the family....probably not for their abilities. It is hard to keep your trust in a company (as a name, not their product) after an experience like this. Maybe if the person you would have talked to was a Bill Smith, a Pierre Lapointe or an other unrelated person to the Larrivee your experience would have been different. But still, their reason for being at NAMM is marketing and they really failed on that !

I'm also in the market for a new guitar and really looking at the Larrivee D-03R. The Norman ST-68 is also really interesting. I really prefer rosewood over mohagany and would want all solid wood. Being left handed my choices are more limited as Godin does not offer all models in lefty....no Seagull artist for me :(. I did not know they were going to all solid wood construction....that is great news !!! Do you when this should happen ? I might just wait on my purchase !

• Members
Originally posted by mrlucky7

Rada,

I fully understand you. Jerks also make me completly lose faith in a company or a store. The fact that the person was a Larrivee does kind of explain things though. This person just works for the company because they were born in the family....probably not for their abilities. It is hard to keep your trust in a company (as a name, not their product) after an experience like this. Maybe if the person you would have talked to was a Bill Smith, a Pierre Lapointe or an other unrelated person to the Larrivee your experience would have been different. But still, their reason for being at NAMM is marketing and they really failed on that !

I'm also in the market for a new guitar and really looking at the Larrivee D-03R. The Norman ST-68 is also really interesting but I really prefer rosewood over mohagany and would want all solid wood. Being left handed my choices are more limited as Godin does not offer all models in lefty....no Seagull artist for me
:(
. I did not know they were going to all solid wood construction....that is great news !!! Do you when this should happen ? I might just wait on my purchase !

The Norman ST68 IS Rosewood and it will be coming out in all solid wood soon along with the ST40 and B50 I believe....you can get the Simon & Patrick SC Rosewood now with all solid woods. I played it at NAMM and was very impressed....I didn't like it more than my ST68 (w/laminate sides) but that's just me

And about Larrivee....I know not everyone that works for them is bad. Their factory is up the street from my house, and I've been there several times and loved the actual builders and employees....they were very nice. But let's face it, they aren't the ones getting the money. The suits are, and it's the Larrivee suits that I don't like. I don't want them with my money when I can get these newer Godins that are just as great from people that are very very kind. I mean, Robert Godin shook my hand and talked to me personally, and everyone there I've come into contact with has been more than helpful and nice.....their customer service is top notch too

To me it's not contest as to which company will be getting my money, support and respect....

I mean, the Martin guys were nicer than the Larrivee folks!!!:eek:

:freak:

• Members

Dont let their attitute stop you from buying a guitar , they've always been like that- i remember visiting the Larrivee booth at the Maraposia Folk festival outside of Toronto about 20 plus years ago , and they were the same then! except at that time their guitars were mediocre in sound, and when i went home I decided to order my Greven because his guitars sounded better and he was a better Craftsman ( fantastic Inlay Artist )- , thou Jeans Inlay work was outstanding , they didnt have the tone or sound they have now - still wouldnt trade my Greven in on one thou ! I know their snobs but Im betting theirs a few of them at the Martin factory as well as other makers !

• Members
Originally posted by shaundesjardins

What you just posted is an "American" thing.

:rolleyes:

No, I think dislike of the French is pretty much one of the few international constants - I'm Aussie BTW - even we know the French are contemptible.

One of life's mysteries is why a large portion of Canadians want to label themselves as French? It's a bit like Americans wanting to be thought of as English.

Originally posted by knockwood

I don't think we want to take credit for Bill. What do you want from an aspiring banjo player hailing from a penal colony?
:D

Sounds bad when you put it that way. :(

• Members

One of life's mysteries is why a large portion of Canadians want to label themselves as French? It's a bit like Americans wanting to be thought of as English.

Maybe it is because some of us speak french, you know like the language.
Do you speak australian? Did you write your post in aussie?
Maybe you have a problem with it because you evrybody in the same basket as far as prejudice.

Also this as nothing to do with the language, assholes are part of humanity.
I have had bad service and have been treated like a nobody by USA companies and canadians companies alike, and i'm pretty sure that if i went to Australia i would find that there are companies run by assholes as much as anywhere else.

• Members
Originally posted by scuff

Maybe it is because some of us speak french, you know like the language.

Do you speak australian? Did you write your post in aussie?

Maybe you have a problem with it because you evrybody in the same basket as far as prejudice.

Also this as nothing to do with the language, assholes are part of humanity.

I have had bad service and have been treated like a nobody by USA companies and canadians companies alike, and i'm pretty sure that if i went to Australia i would find that there are companies run by assholes as much as anywhere else.

Now now, you're getting confused.

The rest of the world do not think that Aussies are assholes (well the Kiwis do but only since the underarm cricket incident). To the rest of the world we are those lovable-beer-drinking-knockabout-guys-from down-under.

Frenchies are, like it or not, in the eyes of other nations second only to Muslim extremists in terms of unpopularity.

Don't shoot me - I'm only the messenger! ;)

• Members

we are those lovable-beer-drinking-knockabout-guys-from down-under.

Yes maybe you had to many beers and cannot read and understand the post, i can't believe it is a aussie particularity.

Reread your original post about canadians wanting to be knowned as french and you might understand my post, or maybe you just can't....ok i'll give a clue, i was'nt defending the french...from France...another clue.
Still can't get it? I don't know, maybe ask your mom for help.

• Members
Originally posted by scuff

we are those lovable-beer-drinking-knockabout-guys-from down-under.

Yes maybe you had to many beers and cannot read and understand the post, i can't believe it is a aussie particularity.

Reread your original post about canadians wanting to be knowned as french and you might understand my post, or maybe you just can't....ok i'll give a clue, i was'nt defending the french...from France...another clue.

Still can't get it? I don't know, maybe ask your mom for help.

No mate, understood you.

I just can't understand why anyone living in Canada would want to identify themselves as French (albeit Canadian).

You've escaped! Be a Canadian - a Canadian Canadian.

Is there such a thing as an English Canadian? No they're just Canadians. Time to let the whole French thing go - trust me, it's a good thing!

• Members

No mate, understood you.

I just can't understand why anyone living in Canada would want to identify themselves as French (albeit Canadian).

You've escaped! Be a Canadian - a Canadian Canadian.

Is there such a thing as an English Canadian? No they're just Canadians. Time to let the whole French thing go - trust me, it's a good thing!

Ok now i get it youre just stupid.

Stay in youre country, never move out, keep drinking those beers, thinking the whole word is english.

Archived