New D-18GE A Pic And A Clip

min7b5

• Members

Judging by the clip, you got yourself a great guitar and hopefully a keeper.*

BTW, you have a great touch with that thing. :thu:

* I see many folks with GAS buying guitars only to turn them over within a short span of time. I guess that's the perils of buying sight-unseen though.

• Members
Originally posted by WaveRay

What a cool guitar. Looks new! How old is it? That Adirondack Spruce top AND braces beats all. I love the GE line. What beauty. I bet that thing smells great.

Thanks. It's one year old. The guy I got it from said there were a few dings, but I really can't find them. Looks and smells mint to me. And it was a pretty great price at $2K.:)

• Members

My first Martin was a special run D-16 that had a brazilian rosewood bridge and very simple appointments. It was before Martin widely offered the D-16. The guitar I got was a special order run that Elderly had placed. I was scalloped, probably not a forward shifted brace and it had a slim taper neck. It was very nice but didn't hold up to pick attack with increased volume. It just started to feel rubbery and weak when you dug into it.

A few years later I sold it and replaced it with a HD-28V. I initially decided I would just get a standard D-28. But after playing everything on the wall I realized that everything with the vintage neck sounded better. The guitars with the vintage necks probably had the forward shifted bracing and were scalloped as well but so were some of the non vintage neck profile guitars. The vintage neck profile seemed to be the main thing that all of the best sounding guitars had in common.

Archived