Funny guitar paint job

Dr. Porkchop

• Members

Found this one on ebay. Otherwise nice guitar ruined by silly paint job. Who the hell paints "metallica" on the back of a yamaha acoustic? Check it out for laughs. Ever seen a guitar that was ruined by silly paintings?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-FS-330A-Acoustic-Guitar-w-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ150077100750QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33033QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

My first electric guitar was (is) a cheap strat knockoff and I covered it in all the stickers I could find. It has a Berklee College of Music sticker, a "Safety Belt Use Required In This Vehicle" sticker, and many many more. If I sold it, I'd probably get $30. For that reason, there's no point in ever selling it, but I don't think I'd ever want to! Lots of sentimental value.

Ellen

• Members

Originally posted by Dr. Porkchop

Found this one on ebay. Otherwise nice guitar ruined by silly paint job. Who the hell paints "metallica" on the back of a yamaha acoustic? Check it out for laughs. Ever seen a guitar that was ruined by silly paintings?

Nasty. I don't know about that kind of stuff. To me there is that and then there is discipline. This player obviously does not choose the latter.

• Members

While I couldn't imagine doing it myself, I think it's kinda cool when people paint, put stickers, etc. on their guitars. It's an expression of their personality. My 12 year-old is an avid skateboarder, so he put this big skate brand sticker (Etney?) on his white Strat. I think it's cool, though I don't think I could bring myself to do to my EJ. :D

• Members

My first bass was a Bradley P bass copy, I put flames on it with paint markers, then I painted the whole thing gold, and i mean the whole thing, just covered up the neck andsprayed everything, tuners, pickups, bridge... then I ppped all the fret off the neck..... pawned it for $100. some kid bought it that same day I pawned it, just had to have it... I wish I'd kept it now, just because it had lot of memories or me.... my Gold bass.......

• Members

Originally posted by DonK

While I couldn't imagine doing it myself, I think it's kinda cool when people paint, put stickers, etc. on their guitars. It's an expression of their personality. My 12 year-old is an avid skateboarder, so he put this big skate brand sticker (Etney?) on his white Strat. I think it's cool, though I don't think I could bring myself to do to my EJ.
:D

There was a thread a short time ago about "bling" on guitars and I was tempted to say that I like a little bling. Painting a guitar top is a kind of bling I suppose. I agree with DonK. The only thing holding me back from painting one of my guitars is that it could affect the tone.

Archived