Calling Babablowfish, are you getting paid for your endorsment of guitars on ebay?

jerime

• Members

oh yeah. shameless endorsements.

You know he has a gold tooth with diamond inset. I hear he travels with his posse in a stretch Humvee and is set to launch a global marketing campaign for his new clothing line.

He's known in the hood as "3B-fish"

• Members

Whether intentionally or not, I think the title of your thread may be extremely misleading and potentially offensive. Hopefully you are just kidding around and I've misunderstood, and if that's the case I apologize for being thick. If not, though...

What you're seeing from Baba being quoted in that eBay page is a very common HC Gear Review - there are thousands like it on this site, including two or three from me on guitars I own or have owned. Nothing to do with paid endorsement. No $ involved. These reviews are posted by forumites to help others looking into buying a particular model get a read on how satisfied that model's customers are...

Baba is an upright cat and a highly respected forumite who wouldn't engage in any such shill behavior.

• Members

Whether intentionally or not, I think the title of your thread may be extremely misleading and potentially offensive. Hopefully you are just kidding around and I've misunderstood, and if that's the case I apologize for being thick. If not, though...

What you're seeing from Baba being quoted in that eBay page is a very common HC Gear Review - there are thousands like it on this site, including two or three from me on guitars I own or have owned. Nothing to do with paid endorsement. No $ involved. These reviews are posted by forumites to help others looking into buying a particular model get a read on how satisfied that model's customers are...

Baba is an upright cat and a highly respected forumite who wouldn't engage in any such shill behavior.

+1

word.

I assumed jerime was kidding and understood how that happened, especially since the ebay ad includes a date indicating his post is a really old one and couldnt be connected to this ebay sale. baba owns a Parkwood and has stated on a few occasions how much he likes it. The guy selling this shouldn't have used his name without his permission.

Somebody call RIAA.

baba- he's OK in my book. :thu:

• Members

Sorry, I was just kidding. I kinda thought after I posted that I didn't really drop much of a hint at that. Anyway I was just posting half because I thought it was a little amusing and half because (like Queequeg said) I don't really think the guy should have used his name and it should be brought to his attention.

• Members

Sorry, I was just kidding. I kinda thought after I posted that I didn't really drop much of a hint at that. Anyway I was just posting half because I thought it was a little amusing and half because (like Queequeg said) I don't really think the guy should have used his name and it should be brought to his attention.

Sorry then, man. Didn't mean to be in your face or anything. As I get older I... what was I saying?

• Members

Hi guys -

No offense taken jerime and thanks guys for the kind words of support.

Yeah, I wrote this review for Harmony Central when I first got my Parkwood. I still love it, stand by my endorsement of it and think it was a really good buy. I am embarrassed however to see that I wrote that it has a "compensated bidge" What the hell is a bidge? And shouldn't that have been "compensated saddle" anyway?

As far as this guy quoting me, I guess I gave up any rights when I posted the review on the web. It doesn't bother me.

Here's a picture of me playing my Parkwood at a recent concert in the park:

20070702_a9fe1973_warm-steve-zeldow.jpg

• Members

Great pic of you baba, but couldn't you have gotten a little better shot of the guitar as well? It looks really nice from what I can see of it.

RT1

OK, but please get the small children out of the room before viewing - I don't want to get sued for years of therapy.

20070702_a9fe1979_steve-zeldow.jpg

• Members

That is just the lighting in that photograph. In reality I look just like Brad Pitt.
:D

It all become clear now!
:p

Yeah, I guess I need to lose a few pounds. Holding a dread I look like Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
:D

All silliness aside, pic #2 is a great shot of ya...if you've not yet thought of it, it'd make an excellent promo! :thu:

Archived