NGD Martin 000-15

Glenn F

• Members

Arrived a few minutes ago! :love:

My first impressions are very favourable, I like it better than the two D-15s I played in the shop on Friday. The action is only a wee bit high for my taste, but very close to perfect. Perfection, I think, won't be too hard to attain. The sound is what I'd hoped it to be, nice, woody.

I do have one question, though, regarding the endpiece: It isn't precisely an easy fit (nor should it be, I guess). What would be the best approach to getting that in there securely without doing something dumb?

I am going to go play her s'more, and then take some pics.

Cheers!

Glenn

• Members
Arrived a few minutes ago!
:love:

My first impressions are very favourable, I like it better than the two D-15s I played in the shop on Friday. The action is only a wee bit high for my taste, but very close to perfect. Perfection, I think, won't be too hard to attain. The sound is what I'd hoped it to be, nice, woody.

I do have one question, though, regarding the endpiece: It isn't precisely an easy fit (nor should it be, I guess). What would be the best approach to getting that in there securely without doing something dumb?

I am going to go play her s'more, and then take some pics.

Cheers!

Glenn

The endpin is tapered and fits into a tapered hole so just push it in and twist it gently and it'll stay put.

• Members

It looks like someone already tried to force the pin in.

What a shame. This guitar is exactly what I wanted, without the crack, naturally. The tone is beautiful, the neck very easy to move on. I hope the next one that comes sounds and plays as nice, but I am feeling a little wary about the strength of the guitar at the moment.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

I can't see the pic (images are blocked on my work pc) but I've heard of it happening when a guitar case is dropped on its end. Always a good idea to pull it when shipping. I feel your pain, but it sounds like the store is doing what they should - be patient just a little bit longer.

It's a doozie, Freeman (it always feels weird calling someone 'Freeman,' as it is my last name....:cool:). Check it out at home if you have the time or inclination. I was just getting ready to fall in love with this guitar, too. I am starting to consider the 000-16GT now, but I really don't want the micarta fretboard, and l love the sound of this guitar. Not sure what to do at this point.

• Members
Here's a shot I took pre 'shocked and stunned:'

Gorgeous! Now go get a new one. ;)

That's too bad about the crack, but you should be reimbursed by whoever you bought it from. And while every guitar is different, Martins are fairly consistent, like EvilTwin said. Keep us posted.

Ellen

• Members

Martins don't ship with the pins installed, I don't think.

I can't really find a Martin 000 in my price range that would really be superior to the 15. So, I will take a chance on a straight replacement.

Meh.... yesterday my computer went wonky, today this.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Martins don't ship with the pins installed, I don't think.

I can't really find a Martin 000 in my price range that would really be superior to the 15. So, I will take a chance on a straight replacement.

Meh.... yesterday my computer went wonky, today this.

Cheers,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I feel for your temporary loss, but know you'll won't be disappointed with it's replacement. I feel that Martins are extremely well made and just as robust as any other manufacturer's solid timbered guitars despite. Their lack of weight tends to lend itself to a feeling that they're possibly too fragile, but they're actually robust.

Martins normally ship with end-pins seperate from the guitar and in an envelope within the case, but the damage you've experienced appears to have been caused by either an over zealous shop assistant's attempt at inserting the end-pin, or the guitar was sadly dropped sometime after leaving the factory.

Archived