Where is JasmineTea???

Misha III

• Members

if you speak French, Spanish is not that much of a stretch...I studied it at Concordia. Grammar is very similar and often I could guess the meaning of Spanish words seen for the first time because they were so close to French.

• Members
if you speak French, Spanish is not that much of a stretch...I studied it at Concordia. Grammar is very similar and often I could guess the meaning of Spanish words seen for the first time because they were so close to French.

That's what I've been said! Plus, I could surf the Web in Spanish! :idea:

By the way Concordia is a great University! :thu:

• Members

My sister speaks French and sometimes she replaces little phrases like "Thank you," "Why?" and "Come here" with their French cousins and it is really annoying.

Ellen

Misha's the real thing. French is her first language. She still slips up her english now and then, but when she first started hanging out here it was obvious...and, kinda sexy. Ex:

"That's what I've been said!" -Misha, from this thread.

I love it...

• Members

Oh will you two
get a room
!
:rolleyes:

According to my up to date universal encyclopedia of HTML and guitar fake book, it is not necessary to close the whiny teenage girl voice tag.

Once the whiny teenage girl is opened, it will remain open until is damn good and ready to close (or it gets what it wants), so closing it serves no purpose, other than of course as just a good programming habit.

• Members
According to my up to date universal encyclopedia of HTML and guitar fake book, it is not necessary to close the whiny teenage girl voice tag.

Once the whiny teenage girl is opened, it will remain open until is damn good and ready to close (or it gets what it wants), so closing it serves no purpose, other than of course as just a good programming habit.

I was just trying to keep things XML/XHTML compliant. It's been a coupla years since I've coded any though. :o

• Members

lol

I'm still waiting for JT... in Montreal!

It's true... I still speak "engrish" sometimes! ;)

If you would hear me you would know right away that I'm French (from Quebec). I have a strong accent!

- And Kwak, No, I don't think "kismet" is a French word. ;)

My question:

"That's what I've been said!" ... What would be the correct sentence? " That's what I've been told." ??????:idea:

• Members
lol

My question:

"That's what I've been said!" ... What would be the correct sentence? " That's what I've been told." ??????
:idea:

The correct answer would be: "That's what I've been saying."

LOL - I'm told English is a difficult language to learn what with so many exceptions to grammatical rules. French is baffling to me since it seems to be filled with contractions.

• Members

I thought it could have meant one of two things...

thats what I`ve been told
or
thats what I was saying...though that didn`t realy fit into context.

But I grew up with a French Canadian dad who spoke English so I`m accustomed to it. My mom is a Brit who spoke French...my sister tells me Alzheimers has robber her of that now...
but talk about broken languages, I was raised with two...no biggie...and now I`m married to a Japanese woman so...you wanna talk about Engrish? Youse should hear my Japanese.

• Members
The correct answer would be: "That's what I've been saying."

LOL - I'm told English is a difficult language to learn what with so many exceptions to grammatical rules. French is baffling to me since it seems to be filled with contractions.

No, I didn't mean "that's what I've been saying". I was talking about something someone else told me!

French grammar is worst than English grammar. French grammar is very complicated even for French people. Even the teachers in Quebec make mistakes! (Our poor education system!) :freak::cry:

... But English pronunciation is much harder for me than the French grammar! :rolleyes:

• Members
I thought it could have meant one of two things...

thats what I`ve been told

or

thats what I was saying...though that didn`t realy fit into context.

But I grew up with a French Canadian dad who spoke English so I`m accustomed to it. My mom is a Brit who spoke French...my sister tells me Alzheimers has robber her of that now...

but talk about broken languages, I was raised with two...no biggie...and now I`m married to a Japanese woman so...you wanna talk about Engrish? Youse should hear my Japanese.

It means that you know at least 3 languages! :thu:

• Members
No, I didn't mean "that's what I've been saying". I was talking about something someone else told me!

French grammar is worst than English grammar. French grammar is very complicated even for French people. Even the teachers in Quebec make mistakes! (Our poor education system!)
:freak::cry:

... But English pronunciation is much harder for me than the French grammar!
:rolleyes:

*blank stare*

uh - okay...you've confused me in my mother tongue. That's really not a difficult thing to do though! :o

...so let me try this again. You meant to say "that's what I've been told?" :confused:

• Members

well.....I wouldn`t say I know Japanese, the first thing people say when meet them and tell them how long I`ve been here is....OH, your Japanese must be great...but...I don`t study it and the little I know I got by osmosis. I have so many hobbies that theres little time for studying Japanese and once I go home, there`ll be little need to. I am not conversational in the language. My photography has improved though !

newyears2007134.jpg

• Members
well.....I wouldn`t say I know Japanese, the first thing people say when meet them and tell them how long I`ve been here is....OH, your Japanese must be great...but...I don`t study it and the little I know I got by osmosis. I have so many hobbies that theres little time for studying Japanese and once I go home, there`ll be little need to. I am not conversational in the language. My photography has improved though !

newyears2007134.jpg

Nice!

Archived