New guitar day.

jerime

• Members

Got my Cort Earth 200GC today. I'm very pleased with it so far. Solid top and back, grover tuners, and a fast neck. Got it used and cheap on ebay and it's in good shape so there's another plus.

I've played the Guild GAD and Epi Masterbuilt with same body styles and I've got to say I think I prefer the Cort, not to mention I could have 2 of the Corts for the price I would pay for the others.

Anyone by chance know what kind of case I need for this? I've got a classical case and it fits nice and snug, but I think the body depth is deeper than a classical because the lid didn't want to close on the case.

Anyway the wife doesn't seem to care much anymore when I get a new guitar, so I thought I would share my excitement with some people who understand me better. :thu:

I'll post pics when I get the chance.

• Members

Congrats on the Cort. Glad to hear you're happy with it. Sounds like you got a great deal!:thu:

I guess you'll just have to measure the Cort, then order a case for it. Not being able to close the lid or having to squish my git in a case would bug me.

As for the wife, sorry she's not more excited for you. Seems to be the way of things around here, too. When I scored my Martin, hubby's response was on autopilot, "that's nice, dear", while the other 99% of his brain was on whatever he was doing at the time. (But he's still a keeper, even though git isn't his thing.)

On the bright side, at least she didn't rip you apart for spending the bucks.

Now let's have some pics. :)

• Members

It's great to hear that you like your guitar. I just ordered myself a Cort

Earth 202, which is the dreadnought sized version of that guitar. The Earth

200GC is a grand concert sized guitar, which is a little smaller than a

dreadnought.

• Members

. . . It is a dreadnought style guitar so go for a standard dread size case.

Here is a link that tells you a bit about them + photo:

Nope. As 0rbitz9 pointed out, the Earth 200GC is a "grand concert" guitar. A dread wouldn't fit in a classical case even if the lid were open. Here's a link to the 200GC: http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/acoustic/cort/EARTH%20200GC.htm.

And jerime, congratulations on your new Cort. Lots of people play guitars made by Cort without realizing it. Cort is the second largest maker of guitars in the world, after Samick. Ibanez and Carvin Cobalt acoustics are made by Cort, along with other brands like Parkwood, mentioned by babablowfish. My Ibanez Artwood was made by Cort and it's a dynamite guitar.

• Members

Congrats! I love My Cort Earth Custom (dreadnought) and I also like my Cort M500 (electric). Very good quality for the price! :thu:

The salesman at the music shop where I bought it even called me to borrow it for a recording! That Cort really sounds good! :D

Archived