Post-VOM Pow-wow!

Stackabones

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If anyone has any suggestions on how to make it better, or the site itself for that matter, I am all ears.

Good work, Joe.

One suggestion though... would it be possible to obfuscate the email addresses as the appear on the screen to keep them from being screen-scraped by spammers? something simple like this...

$email=str_replace('@', ' ( at ) ', $email);

$email=str_replace('.', ' ( dot ) ', $email);

...would go a long way (assuming the code is in PHP, of course). It would make a sample email address look like "username ( at ) example ( dot ) com". Still easily human readable, but a bit annoying to try to capture addresses en masse.

-A

• Members

Good work, Joe.

One suggestion though... would it be possible to obfuscate the email addresses as the appear on the screen to keep them from being screen-scraped by spammers? something simple like this...

$email=str_replace('@', ' ( at ) ', $email);

$email=str_replace('.', ' ( dot ) ', $email);

...would go a long way (assuming the code is in PHP, of course). Still easily human readable, but a bit annoying to try to capture addresses
en masse

-A

I always use a junk mail address for that kind of stuff. I think I have over a dozen different email accounts with at least half a dozen daklander addys. My primary is never given out except to friends, everything else goes to one of the other addys, depending on how much spam and other junk I think is going to inundate that particular address.

• Members

First off, congrats and thanks to OhioArrow, awesome work.

on second thought sounds a little pretentious(sic) to give mini reviews.

Everyone was great. A big thank you to all. My role is just to sit on the curb and clap as the parade goes by. I hope someday to figure out how to be a part of it. Did I mention OhioArrow rocks?

• Members

I always use a junk mail address for that kind of stuff. I think I have over a dozen different email accounts with at least half a dozen daklander addys. My primary is never given out except to friends, everything else goes to one of the other addys, depending on how much spam and other junk I think is going to inundate that particular address.

Wise precaution.

Archived