That Ray Lamontagne makes me wanna start smoking...

kwakatak

• Members

He has a phenomenal voice and is a great songwriter too. I'm praying that he'll come to chicago in the next year after his CD comes out; if I remember correctly, he is going into the studio soon.

Yeah, I still gotta get his second album. According to his website he's in the studio right now. This song however, is a cover tune and doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere. I came across it on Youtube and thought to myself "DAMN! That's ANOTHER awesome song. :love: "

• Members

gnarls barkley! didn't think i'd hear that from ray-ray, thought it would be the patsy cline song.

ray is a tummy singer, no nose at all. just breathe deeply into your tummy/diaphragm and shove. this'll help you get a little closer. you'll probably get a little lightheaded, though.

love,

eor

rectify your not owning the second album now. right now. empty is my favorite thing he's ever done, if you want to poke around a little for it.

ps- mp3 downloaded and added to itunes. good find!

• Members

gnarls barkley! didn't think i'd hear that from ray-ray, thought it would be the patsy cline song.

ray is a tummy singer, no nose at all. just breathe deeply into your tummy/diaphragm and shove. this'll help you get a little closer. you'll probably get a little lightheaded, though.

love,

eor

rectify your not owning the second album now. right now. empty is my favorite thing he's ever done, if you want to poke around a little for it.

ps- mp3 downloaded and added to itunes. good find!

Eor is right on about "empty" and I think "gone away" is right up there too; in fact "All the Wild Horses" is my favorite Ray song. He is so awesome.

• Members

i love ray. saw him do a solo show at the beautiful union chapel here in london - was one of the most amazing musical performances i've seen. the combination of his vulnerability as a performer and his powerful voice was just knockout. people were sobbing all over the place : ) i've also seen him in bigger venues with a band - still really great but that night at union chapel was something else.

• Members

Hehe - just kidding about the smoking thing. I can't stand the smell anyway.

I know that Ray uses his diaphragm when he sing but my voice is more nasal and would take some serious work to tune my voice in that manner. Still, I guess the voice is kinda like an instrument in its own right, and I wouldn't be surprised if all it needed was to "open up" like a guitar.

• Members

Update: I just got his second album from Amazon a couple of years late, but it's new to me and I'm blown away. I can't wait for the next one to come out, what? Later this year?

I gotta catch this guy live. I wonder if he'd still play the Rex in Pittsburgh's South Side?

• Members

I just watched some of your Don Henley song. Good voice and playing and it seems you have quite a content and captive audience:lol:

Captive, you kidding? That kid's rocking.. Check out the footwork half way through.. Pounding a beat I do believe. :thu:

Archived