You're not a serious Guitarist until you own a Gibson acoustic

HankGator

• Members

Discuss this indisputable fact amongst yourselves.

Just kidding! Merely trying to avoid the typical, bland first-post predictableness.:poke: I just ordered a Gibson Songwriter Deluxe Cutaway so I thought I'd have a little fun, knowing that among guitarists, like academics, the battles are often so furious because the stakes are so low. I chose the Gibson because I liked the sound and feel of the ones I've tried. Less deep than the Martins, not quite as bright as the Taylors. But I've nothing against either of them, as they're both great guitars. My Breedlove sounds really good to me, too, but I've been wanting a slightly roomier fretboard and some more projection. Okay, some GAS may have been involved, maybe, possibly.

Anyhow, I've been reading posts on this board for a few days and thought I'd join in. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable folks here and not much flaming, so, if you don't mind, I'll be stopping by occasionally to absorb some of the collective wisdom. And probably to ask lots of questions. I'm a former (recovering) drummer, and have been playing guitar for about six months (according to my instructor, probably because I have good--read that, obsessive--practice habits, my skill level is around where one'd expect after more like a year to a year and a half). I'd like to learn how to do set-ups and adjustments myself, but I'm the kind of guy who has to sleep with the lights on if I think about changing my own strings.

So, hello, all. I'll try to keep my observations about the obvious, objective superiority of Gibson acoustics to a minimum.;)

• Members

Welcome! This is a nice place. We like to see pictures of guitars and post pictures of goats, don't ask me why.

I've been digging the Martins, but my Masterbilt gets a lot of love in my house too, and that's kind of a Gibson. If were to ever get a Gibson, the SWD would be in the running for sure.

Let's see it when you get it.

• Members

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. Perhaps there is some truth to the notion that people who don't have Gibsons aren't all bad, after all.:badump:

Seriously, thanks for reception. Looking forward to learning a lot from you all.

And I'll be certain to post pics. Not of the Estaban, though.

Archived