This Acoustic Amp/PA system looks good.

daklander

• Members

A guy posted a link with some questions about this unit over in Live Sound. I figured it needs to be brought over here too.

Bob Brozmans' Reso-Acoustic 400 sound system.

Front

ra400front640w.jpg

Top Control Panel

ra400mix640w.jpg

400 Watts, 48V phantom power, light weight.

Discuss.....

First off, maybe a bit on the pricey side from what I understand, $2K +-.

Does not have, that I can find, an output for a remote loudspeaker.

Other than that, I think it looks pretty good.

• Members
fmw I tend to agree. Though the system looks to be pretty good the only way I could use it would be with it near me, like my present setup, with a remote speaker. If that were possible the unit sitting near would suffice, in many places, as a stage monitor and foh speaker with the second speaker adding additional foh sound. Since it does not seem to have a speaker out that leaves much to be desired for anything other than small places.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Hey Folks--

I'm the "guy". I ended up buying this and it works great for me. I had a few email correspondences with Bob (an interesting character who lives in my neck of the woods, Santa Cruz County, CA) about it and then talked to a guy in North Carolina who has one. It is mostly being used in Europe (made in Italy by SR Technology). It can actually fill up a pretty nice sized indoor space (250 seater) with rich, warm sound for both vocals and guitar. I understand the "ergonomic" issue and I was concerned as well, but I set it to the side of me, about three to four feet up and angle it slightly to the side, and I can hear it just fine. If I want a monitor, I AUX out to my little powered Hotspot monitor.

You can use another speaker with AUX out, but it does need to be powered. That's okay for me because if I need more dispersion (I sometimes do outdoor shows our here in CA at wineries), I can AUX out to the Powered Hotspot monitor and then daisy chain it to my Yorkville NX 350 (Passive) speaker on a stick. Of course if you have a powered speaker you can go direct AUX out to it. This hasn't been neccessary for my indoor gigs. I recently played at a pretty good sized coffeehouse (seats about 80), and I had it on 3 Master Volume (it won't go to 11!) and was told I was too loud, so I podded back to 1.5 and it still filled the place.

I know that YMMV and I don't feel the need to convert anyone, but I love it for me! I throw it in the back of my Honda Civic and I'm good to go for about 85% of my gigs (restaurants, coffeehouses, lounges, wine bars). For the other 15% (outdoor patios, wineries), I can add the other speakers as described. Of course I won't be playing Shea Stadium with this, but they haven't called as of yet!:)

• Members

It's built by the same Italian folks that build the Schertler amps. Notice the "appearance" similarities. I suspect the preamp, eq circuitry and power amp designs are all Schertler designs, which would be good. Obviously, the features are a more robust than, say, a Schertler Unico.

Archived