HNGD for me, sometimes you get lucky

Unclefacts

• Members

Against my usually better judgement, I went along with my lovely wife to do some garage sales today....

And picked up a 2001 Martin DM with ohsc for 275 bucks. The thing is immaculate, although it looks like it was stored in the case since day one with no humidity control. Parents bought it for their kid, who promptly decided he wanted an electric, which was also for sale there, and it was getting blown out for cheap.

Threw a new set of mediums on her, and lordy, this thing sounds amazing.

I'm constantly amazed that this guitar has the projection it does, it's a keeper.

• Members

Against my usually better judgement, I went along with my lovely wife to do some garage sales today....

And picked up a 2001 Martin DM with ohsc for 275 bucks. The thing is immaculate, although it looks like it was stored in the case since day one with no humidity control. Parents bought it for their kid, who promptly decided he wanted an electric, which was also for sale there, and it was getting blown out for cheap.

Threw a new set of mediums on her, and lordy, this thing sounds amazing.

I'm constantly amazed that this guitar has the projection it does, it's a keeper.

Wow, very nice. As someone who is always chasing deals, I'm very impressed. :thu:

• Members

Great score!

I'm always amazed when I hear of people selling quality guitars at yard sales (or any other high dollar/high quality item). I guess with how much of a hassle eBay has become though, it's to be expected.

• Members

Yes right place, right time, I am always either at the right place, wrong time, or a day late and a dollar short! The deals and opportunities always seem to pass by me, I am however happy for the ones lucky enough to fall into something good! (Ok a little envy thrown in as well)

Really Congratulations, and well done!

Archived