Anybody like Neil Diamond?

kwakatak

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Ummm, didn't we decide on a holiday theme for the December VOM1T?
:confused:

Just sayin'...a Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Ray LaMontagne, Cat Stevens, Steven Stills, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Sarah McLachlan etc. cover would be cool too.

Holiday theme--I mighta missed that. Makes sense for December! So let's do an ND theme VOM1T later, or just swap our ND covers amongst us ND devotees.

For December, I hope somebody covers Joni's River. That song could very well have made my top 5 all-timers. That song gets in my head and stays there for DAYS...and never gets old.

• Members

Yeah, I like him.

One of the best albums of all time, IMHO, is Hot August Night and nay-sayers should have a listen.

One of the best concert albums of all time, in any genre. He gets a little over the top, even on that recording, but it seems less contrived.

• Members

One of the best concert albums of all time, in any genre. He gets a little over the top, even on that recording, but it seems less contrived.

I was at that concert and can only say his performance took me to a place far beyond the bounds of Earth. To this day, the memory of it still gives me goosebumps and a wonderful chill that runs up and down my spine.

• Members

Neil Diamond can definitely sing and has some great songs. However, in my opinion, he lacked stage presence in his live performances. Maybe that's not so for the ladies.

Perhaps it depends on which concert you saw. The gentleman who took me to the one I saw was as thunderstruck by the performance as I was. ND captured the entire audience. This, of course, was in ND's heyday, the early '70s.

Archived