I Saw this Website For Guitarists

S~R~O

• Members

The guy who started it got banned here for promoting it. He was a member for a year prior to the banning. One of the moderators considered it to be spam.

Personally, I don't consider free instructional websites to be spam.

I added his website to my signature. :thu:

• Members

The guy who started it got banned here for promoting it. He was a member for a year prior to the banning. One of the modrrators considered it to be spam.

Personally, I don't consider free instructional websites to be spam.

I added his website to my signature.
:thu:

I don't either Hud. And one day some talented up and coming artist/guitarist are going to give this guys credit for teaching them how to play the guitar. Hundreds ....... thousands of hobbyist I'm sure..

Trina

• Members

I tried contacting the person who was promoting this site to see if he would mind if we put a link at the Annex. I never heard back and that was about the time Krash had his crash but I still think it is a good one.

There's an email address listed on the contact us page of the site itself... info@spytunes.co.uk . Might give that a shot.

-A

• Members

There's an email address listed on the contact us page of the site itself...
. Might give that a shot.

-A

That is the one I used - no reply. We really don't need permission to link to it, I just thought it would be nice. And while it is a free site, I believe he is trying to sell a book or something. Anyway, it is one of the little details we need to attend to on the Annex.

• Members

No, that guy came before the spytunes thing. And Weleetka seems to have had some kind of meltdown, deleted most of his posts (and the link to his forum).

Very strange.
:confused:

Thanks. I couldn't remember if that was the site or not. Yeah, his disappearance was weird. :idk:

• Members

If I did something wrong by informing guitarists' with guitar information, that I ran across on the Web. Then I apologize.........

I was not in anyway trying to Spam anybody or anything. I am not affiliated with that site or any other site that is commercial. I just found it interesting.

• Members

If I did something wrong by informing guitarists' with guitar information, that I ran across on the Web. Then I apologize.........

I was not in anyway trying to Spam anybody or anything. I am not affiliated with that site or any other site that is commercial. I just found it interesting.

Steve, you did everything exactly right - one of the things I really appreciate is heads up to anything useful, and this site is.

What you are hearing is a bit of the controversy that surrounded the orignal posting of information about the site - the guy had all the markings of a spammer (low post count, identical posts on several forums, links to what looked like a commercial site). He was banned by the mods (which some of us felt was over reacting), came back under a different name, and I think was banned again (did I get the story correct?).

I tried to contact him because it seemed to be a good site for many of us (there have been a few others like BlindBoy's great lessons) and even if he was banned here, we can (and will) post a link at the Annex that will remain until he does something that seems wrong.

Sometimes the rules seem a little arbitrary, we frequently post links to commercial sites with good information. And sometimes our thread chatter gets a little off track - let me just say you did good and thanks.

• Members

People have different opinions than what I have? Who would've thought?
:cop:

Bill

I suspect that some of my opinions are substantially different to yours Broadus - but we still manage to exchange thoughts in a civilized manner, do we not? And I also suspect we could discuss those differences for hours and both enjoy the experience.

Archived