I Saw this Website For Guitarists

S~R~O

• Members

I suspect that some of my opinions are substantially different to yours Broadus - but we still manage to exchange thoughts in a civilized manner, do we not? And I also suspect we could discuss those differences for hours and both enjoy the experience.

And right you are. :thu:

Bill

• 11 months later...
  • Members

hey guys, thanks for not kicking me out again!

I have to start by saying; I'm not very good in forums, too emotional :lol:

so i was wondering, can you guys help me out with what is allowed and not, two examples;

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2209721

why is that not spam?

and i posted a similar thing on myspace forum, like check this site out bla bla you know, and within 30 sec people went nuts! I'm talking really offensive, why is that?

I'm very close to giving up on marketing, isn't the internet all about people exchanging information?

I'm serious here, why? I mean if I say i bought a Martin D28 yesterday, isn't that spam as well?

I honestly don't get it

-dan

• Members

hey guys, thanks for not kicking me out again!

I have to start by saying; I'm not very good in forums, too emotional
:lol:

so i was wondering, can you guys help me out with what is allowed and not, two examples;

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2209721

why is that not spam?

and i posted a similar thing on myspace forum, like check this site out bla bla you know, and within 30 sec people went nuts! I'm talking really offensive, why is that?

I'm very close to giving up on marketing, isn't the internet all about people exchanging information?

I'm serious here, why? I mean if I say i bought a Martin D28 yesterday, isn't that spam as well?

I honestly don't get it

-dan

Hey Dan, How are you?

It's OK! Not to get things when it comes to the web. I'm confused most of the time about the web and lack of social graces that come along from time to time. It makes me shudder at times thinking these types of critters are out and amongst us in the society we live in.

• Members

I honestly don't get it

-dan

how true this is. Personally I really don't see where the problem lies. I've posted here about guitars and guitar makers I love - several times, am I spamming? .... hell no, its my opinion. I've asked for, and recommended websites too. I suppose if I posted a bucketload of times demanding people buy "this" or "that" make of guitar or visit a specific website and post nothing else then that could be viewed as spam.

Dan .... I prolly missed something but if you're involved with Spytunes then all my respect goes out to you - its a great site, with hugely talented artists. Was that spamming? lol .... nope .... just my opinion :thu:

Archived