G7th Capo Cult

halmot

• Members

Count me in. I've always wanted to try one, and decided to treat myself today. I've always hated my Kyser capo, because I find it clumsy to put on / take off and it pulls my guitar out of tune. The G7th is nothing like this. Easy to use, and I never have to retune. More importantly, it just sounds better than the Kyser. It's like having a whole bunch of new guitars!

I know lots of people are perfectly happy with their elastic-band capos, or their Kysers, for that matter, but I don't regret splurging for the G7th. One reason I held onto the Kyser was because I could "reverse" it, and use it as a partial "Drop-D" capo. I wasn't sure the G7th could do this, but it works like a charm.

• Members

Count me in, too.

I was a Kyser guy for years, decided to splurge on a G7 after reading reviews, and now the Kysers just don't sound right to me.

It seems pricey for a capo, but if you use one all the time, it's well worth the extra money.

• Members

I'm in. it pisses me off sometimes though cuz i can only use it to capo all the strings

Maybe has something to do with the neck profile. Mine works just fine as a "Drop-D" capo. (Yes, I mean "Drop-E". Actually, no, I mean "Drop-D" because I tune my guitar down to D. I'm confused.)

Archived