Personal VOM1T from 2/15/2009 : "Since We Met" - partial Tommy Emmanuel cover

kwakatak

• Members

I'm trying to get that abandoned personal 1-a-day VOM1T started up again. The day before yesterday I had to wait until mom had the kids in the tub upstairs and I quicky did a live 1-take (actually this is the second take but the camera wasn't on the first time) while I had a moment. I never consider a take to be "perfect" and there's room for improvement here so I'm putting it out there for critique. Be gentle with me but let me know where it needs work and where my technique needs to be cleaned up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRkRTRgS4BM

BTW - the guitar (Larrivee OM-03R with K&K Pure western mini) is plugged in directly to my PC's sound card via a Pure XLR Preamp and the audio track cut short because the laptop's battery died so the outro was cut out. :mad: The video was shot with a Canon Powershot A560 in AVI mode.

• Members

I don't know how you do it with two little kids running around all day. Nice, silky transitions from position to position. I'm trying to imagine what you will accomplish by the time you get to be my age and have plenty of free time on your hands.

That's because prior to having kids I had no life whatsoever. :o

• Members

Be gentle with me but let me know where it needs work and where my technique needs to be cleaned up.

Jeez Kwak, I think you're good enough you don't need any advice. Whatever you see fit to change, or not change.

At about 2:55 that pinky looks a little funny sticking out there.

If anything, I'd suggest looking up "deliberate" in a thesaurus, consider the word and relatives of it, and apply that to your playing.

I just hapened to have listening apperatus here at the library today. Glad I got to hear you again, Kwak. The Larri sounds nice.

• Members

Jeez Kwak, I think you're good enough you don't need any advice. Whatever you see fit to change, or not change.

At about 2:55 that pinky looks a little funny sticking out there.

If anything, I'd suggest looking up "deliberate" in a thesaurus, consider the word and relatives of it, and apply that to your playing.

I just hapened to have listening apperatus here at the library today. Glad I got to hear you again, Kwak. The Larri sounds nice.

Thanks JT. Sorry for the pinky. I was thinking of having a spot of tea!

Hmm. So much potential for that word: Deliberate...

De-liberate: give me liberty or give me death :cop:

Deli-berate: WHERE'S MY F#$KING SEMMICH, B!TCH? :mad:

• Members

Bear in mind that I added reverb but didn't boost the gain at all.

I was paying more attention to the definition of the lows and highs. Being attached to the wood, I tend to think the sound reproduction would be a bit more boomy. Of course it can be tamed with EQ, but it still sounds nice.

Archived