thought you guys might like this

Alchemist

• Members

it sounds like the tone I have in my head when I think acoustic.... hard to describe.... its a balanced tone but tends slightly to upper mids and highs... I really like it...

my takamine is a lot warmer/darker sounding so now between the two I think I am set for the moment... I'd still like a 000 at some point

• Members

its a balanced tone but tends slightly to upper mids and highs...

Interesting you should say that it tends towards the upper mids and highs--I have a D-03 and I would describe it's tone as "not balanced" tending much more towards the low mids. I like it though. And your new guitar is beautiful.

• Members

Wow, gorgeous. A dread that belts out the mids is a rare thing (in my limited experience).

I'm saying this comparing to my tak.... which in its own right is a very nice guitar, but it is much warmer sounding.... but I definitely hear more upper mids

• Members

thank you for the kind words guys.... I've been getting back into acoustic playing pretty seriously within the past year.... had played almost exclusively electric for about a decade before that, and I've now got my rig where I want it to be :)

here she is with her japanese sister, an awesome guitar in its own right

017-1.jpg

Archived