D'addario EXP strings, buy one get one free!

Grayson73

• Members

I have 8 sets I got from FQMS yesterday. Their pricing and the BOGO deal make them way cheaper than regular non-coated ones from anyone else. I put a set on my Martin HD16R Adirondack and they sound and feel great.

• Members

I bought a set of the EXP PB lights for my 12-string from Strings & Beyond. They have the "BOGO" line on their web page, but no indication at checkout that I would get another set free.

There was a thread here a few weeks ago about the same sale and someone mentioned that they just throw in the free set at shipping time. We'll see what shows up in the mail.

Still can't beat $9.99 for a set of strings that normally go for $18 or $19. And to get two sets for $9.99 is just too good to pass up.

This will be my first try with these strings so I'm hoping they're good enough to want to put them on twice, if you know what I mean.

• Members

LOVE EXP's! I've been stocking up for a couple of weeks. Ever since they came out, I prefer them over Elixirs.

Locally, Daddy's Junky Music has the BOGO deal for this month (May). Every payday, I've been going to Daddy's and getting my BOGO deal then, I go across the street to GC and get a price match for a BOGO deal. The saleschildren at GC claim not to be aware of the BOGO deal. They look it up on Daddy's website and price match.

Needless to say, my inventory is in pretty good shape now!

• Members

LOVE EXP's! I've been stocking up for a couple of weeks. Ever since they came out, I prefer them over Elixirs.

Locally, Daddy's Junky Music has the BOGO deal for this month (May). Every payday, I've been going to Daddy's and getting my BOGO deal then, I go across the street to GC and get a price match for a BOGO deal. The saleschildren at GC claim not to be aware of the BOGO deal. They look it up on Daddy's website and price match.

Needless to say, my inventory is in pretty good shape now!

You're a shrewed cookie, Mr. Washburn. :thu:

• Members

I am a pretty big fan of Elixir's and think that I have tried the EXP's at some point in time. Can anyone give a quick comparison between the two?

To me, the EXP's just sound and feel "cleaner" and don't seem to have that plastic feel like Elixirs. More like an uncoated string to me. YMMV!

• Members

I would be interesting to see if you can get GC to price match Daddy's way down there in Texas!

If they'll match an online offer then I don't see why not.

What I think is sad is that the mom & pop shop I'd rather go to sells strings for practically twice the price as GC. A set of EJ38's are $10 at GC and they're $20, or more, at the local shop. I paid $11.99 for some Martin SPs at GC and they want $24 at the local shop. I may buy another guitar at the local shop, but won't buy strings there, or other accessory-type items.

• Members

Yes you can. FQMS is selling EXPs for $8.55, so the BOGO deal makes them $4.27 per set.

Oh the agony of missing out on another $1.44. :p

Funny thing about ordering the strings though. The shipping just about negated the free strings. I wasn't interested in spending $35, or more, to save $6. That might sound whacked, logically, but if you ain't got $35, you aren't any better off spending it so you don't have to pay $41.

BTW, what is FQMS?

• Members

Oh the agony of missing out on another $1.44.
:p

Funny thing about ordering the strings though. The shipping just about negated the free strings. I wasn't interested in spending $35, or more, to save $6. That might sound whacked, logically, but if you ain't got $35, you aren't any better off spending it so you don't have to pay $41.

BTW, what is FQMS?

First Quality Music Store.

I thought the other guy was saying $9.99 per pack instead of $18-19. FQMS is only $4.xx a pack with the BOGO offer, so that's less than half the price.

• Members

To me, the EXP's just sound and feel "cleaner" and don't seem to have that plastic feel like Elixirs. More like an uncoated string to me. YMMV!

I played some this weekend on a new Takamine. I didn't know what they were till I visited the Tak website (all steel stringers are shipped with EXPs). I was very surprised that they were coated. The Elixirs that I've played felt like they left a residue on my fingers after playing them -- I'd keep wiping my fingers off on my jeans in an attempt to get the stuff off my fingers.

But I didn't get that from the EXPs. :thu:

• Members

I got my set of EXPs in the mail on Saturday. Read, one set. Not two.

I got a little note on the shipping receipt that the "buy 1, get 1" deal was over and that the strings were only $9.99 so it's like getting two for one since the regular price was $19.99.

I emailed the lady who wrote the note to remind her that the web page I ordered from said "buy 1, get 1" and that I should request that they honor it, but I understood it was probably an honest oversight.

No biggie. It did seem outrageous to not only get the strings for half price but also get another set for free, so I'm not going to push it. I got my satisfaction with the email. We'll see if she responds.

Now, I'm just itchin' to try 'em out.

• Members

Rob,

Was that from First Quality Music?

I haven't received mine yet, but I ordered on 5/27 and the order did change to include 6 free sets.

6 EXP17 D'Addario Acoustic Coated Phosphor Bronze Me 48.72

6 FREE-EXP17 Free set of EXP17 with purchase of EXP17 0.00

Total $: 48.72

Order Recap:

Total Product $: 48.72

Net Product$: 48.72

Shipping: 6.95

Sales Tax: 0.00

Grand Total: 55.67

• Members

No, it was Strings & Beyond.

I ordered 5/27 too and I got an email the next day that it was shipped 5/28, via US Mail. They arrived Saturday.

All I ordered was one set of EXP38, thinking I was going to get another set for free.

Archived