D'addario EXP strings, buy one get one free!

Grayson73

• Members

Rob I ordered this last Saturday

Went with First quality as it ended up cheaper And they are doing it the other way as noted before me............

7 EXP11 D'Addario Acoustic Coated 80/20 Bronze Light 53.20

7 FREE-EXP11 Free set of EXP11 with purchase of EXP11 0.00

1 EXP19 D'Addario Acoustic Coated Phos Bronze Bluegr 8.55

1 FREE-EXP19 Free set of EXP19 with purchase of EXP19 0.00

1 EXP74 D'Addario Mandolin Coated EXP Phosphor Strin 8.50

1 FREE-EXP74 Free set of EXP74 with purchase of EXP74 0.00

1 PK17-.73 Dunlop Tortex Pick .73 mm - 12 Pack 3.00

5 M930 Martin Banjo Strings - Nickel Wound - Medium 9.95

Total $: 83.20

Order Recap:

Total Product $: 83.20

Net Product$: 83.20

Shipping: 0.00

Sales Tax: 0.00

Grand Total: 83.20

You still got a reasonable/decent price for a twelve string set though didn't you?

• Members

Rob I ordered this last Saturday

Went with First quality as it ended up cheaper And they are doing it the other way as noted before me............

7 EXP11 D'Addario Acoustic Coated 80/20 Bronze Light 53.20

7 FREE-EXP11 Free set of EXP11 with purchase of EXP11 0.00

1 EXP19 D'Addario Acoustic Coated Phos Bronze Bluegr 8.55

1 FREE-EXP19 Free set of EXP19 with purchase of EXP19 0.00

1 EXP74 D'Addario Mandolin Coated EXP Phosphor Strin 8.50

1 FREE-EXP74 Free set of EXP74 with purchase of EXP74 0.00

1 PK17-.73 Dunlop Tortex Pick .73 mm - 12 Pack 3.00

5 M930 Martin Banjo Strings - Nickel Wound - Medium 9.95

Total $: 83.20

Order Recap:

Total Product $: 83.20

Net Product$: 83.20

Shipping: 0.00

Sales Tax: 0.00

Grand Total: 83.20

You still got a reasonable/decent price for a twelve string set though didn't you?

Oh yeah. The EXP38's go for $19.99 normally so $9.99 is a great deal.

I got an email back from Strings and Beyond and they acknowledge that, for some reason, the "two-for" sale was confusing so they just went with half off, which amounts to the same thing.

• Members

I've had the EXP38's on my 12-string now for a couple of days and WOW!

Of the three sets I've tried so far, these seem to come the closest to the sound this guitar had, literally, out of the box.

A balanced sound. Not too overpowering on either end. Very clean.

My search may have just ended. But, I'm sure my curiosity will get the best of me.

• Members

I've found the D'Addario EXPs (my current favorite) sound a little "ringy" for the first few days, then settle down a tad and sound great for about a month (which is amazing in my climate). After about a month (probably 2-3 months elsewhere), they very slowly fade. Amazing strings, and even though they are, they don't FEEL coated.

• Members

I've found the D'Addario EXPs (my current favorite) sound a little "ringy" for the first few days, then settle down a tad and sound great for about a month (which is amazing in my climate). After about a month (probably 2-3 months elsewhere), they very slowly fade. Amazing strings, and even though they are, they don't FEEL coated.

"Ringy" is a good description. But on a 12er, to me, it sounds right. Their "ringy" but with good lower end tones to go with it. We'll see what their like after a week.

They do seem to be easy to play, sliding up and down the neck, so I'm guessing the coating is responsible for that. Still, they don't seem any different, to me, than uncoated strings in other regards.

I'm just very happy that I've found something that reminds me of that "out of the box" sound.

• Members

Yamaha's FG line comes with coated strings too and I've been wondering of they were EXP's as well. I can't wait to try 'em.

Yamaha's FG line comes with a Yamaha brand coated string they make themselves. My FG730S had a little hangtag on it with the imformation on it. Yamaha coated 80/20 Lights to be exact.

• Members

Yamaha's FG line comes with a Yamaha brand coated string they make themselves. My FG730S had a little hangtag on it with the imformation on it. Yamaha coated 80/20 Lights to be exact.

I had the same hangtag on mine, but only a mention of them being coated. No 80/20 reference.

I wonder, though, if Yamaha actually makes the strings themselves. If they did, one has to wonder why they don't sell them separately, even if only on their own website.

• Members

I ordered 15 sets. I got 30.

Those strings paid for my Grey Goose guitar.

grey_goose.jpg

grey_goose_body.jpg

grey_goose_cambodian_rosewood_back.jpg

grey_goose_side.jpg

Sorry. I just couldn't help showing off that Cambodian Rosewood again.

I bought two 25 packs of D'Addario .12's from GC. When they arrive, they will pay for

a new Vietnamese Rosewood/Cedar classical I'm buying.

BTW, I really don't like EXP's. They're ok for my arch-top. I don't use them

on either of my flat-tops.

• Members

I thought the postage was a bit high too, but it appears they want to charge one price no matter the order. The smaller orders will cover the cost of the larger orders. And then it all covers the orders with free shipping. Kinda sucks.

I'm not sure I'd be placated enough with a bunch of picks that will break in time anyway.

• Members

I thought the postage was a bit high too, but it appears they want to charge one price no matter the order. The smaller orders will cover the cost of the larger orders. And then it all covers the orders with free shipping. Kinda sucks.

I'm not sure I'd be placated enough with a bunch of picks that will break in time anyway.

That was my first order with Strings & Beyond. I was favorably impressed. The shipping was on par with most of the others, and it was fast. There was a hand-written note of thanks on the invoice. Nice picks with the order too.

What? broke picks? :D

Archived