New Alvarez MD60 for $265.00 - Great forum - Thanks yet again

Abando

• Members

I blame this forum for me buying yet another guitar. This forum is great if you want deals, however.

Last three guitars I bought:

Breedlove AD20/SM = Brand new. Got for 333.00. Guitar, plus Breedlove case & free hardshell case because of a misrepresentation on site. Closeout.

Takamine Ean10C = Brand new. Guitar plus hardshell case for 399.99. Retail price 1649.00. Closeout.

Alvarez MD60 = Brand new with case. Got for 265.00. Retail price 1099.00.

Closeout. 12% refund from Bing.

All three deals came from people talking about them on this forum.

Thanks to all my fellow addicts.

Abando

• Members

I was soo GASSED up last night I sat staring at the order form for an Alvarez MD60 with my credit card sitting right in front of me. Then.....

I thought of some bills I need to pay and I X'ed out.

$255 for a Cedar...Hog S/B.....I came soooo freakin' close.

Such a deal it's hard to say no. But, I hate CC debt.!!

• Members

I lamented for a week, or more, over whether I should return my AJ60S (avatar) for the MD60/80. I paid the same price (a little less) so it wouldn't have hurt me.

But I really wanted my guitar and I even waited close to a month for it to be delivered, and I really love it now that I have it.

OTOH, $300 for an all-solid wood guitar with a hard case really made it hard to turn down.

So, I cut up the shipping box and threw it in the recycle can. Decision made. Crisis averted.

Welcome to the Alliance!

• Members

rhancox,

If you really have your heart set on an Alvarez dred (MD60 or MD80), AMS has the "3 Easy Payment" thing... AND, they price-matched ZZounds price of $255 for me...

:evil:

;)

And, if you sign up for a bing.com account and link to AMS through there you'll get about $30 back in 60 days. So after taxes (NJ) and the bing cashback the MD60 will end up costing me about $241.

• Members

You guys aren't making it any easier. :evil:

Life is getting in the way though. College tuition. $500 down on a brace for the other daughter (scoliosis). I'm in no position to be spending even $99/mo on a new guitar.

Thanks for the suggestions though. :thu:

• Members

You guys aren't making it any easier.

Life is getting in the way though. College tuition. $500 down on a brace for the other daughter (scoliosis). I'm in no position to be spending even $99/mo on a new guitar.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
:thu:

Sounds like you have your priorities straight!!! :thu:

The ebb-and-flow of life is what makes it interesting, no? I have one more "free" year left, before my daughter goes to college... ugh... :)

• Members

Sounds like you have your priorities straight!!!
:thu:

The ebb-and-flow of life is what makes it interesting, no?
I have one more "free" year left, before my daughter goes to college... ugh...
:)

That's what my wife always says.

It's just "get up, go to work, go to bed" kinda dead otherwise.

• Members

rhancox,

If you really have your heart set on an Alvarez dred (MD60 or MD80), AMS has the "3 Easy Payment" thing... AND, they price-matched ZZounds price of $255 for me...

;)

thats what samedaymusic did for me, but they really didnt beat their prices.

they priced match it for 254.99 when zzounds is 254.95 haha

• Members

And, if you sign up for a bing.com account and link to AMS through there you'll get about $30 back in 60 days. So after taxes (NJ) and the bing cashback the MD60 will end up costing me about $241.

how does this BING thing work???sounds interesting

ive got other guitar accessories I need to buy can i get them for a discount also by using bing?

• Members

If you really have your heart set on an Alvarez dred (MD60 or MD80), AMS has the "3 Easy Payment" thing...

And this is the reason why so many people are in debt. :facepalm:

I do not believe people should buy an item if they do not have the money up front with a surplus after a purchase, let alone not even having the money and STILL making the purchase.

• Members

And this is the reason why so many people are in debt.
:facepalm:

I do not believe people should buy an item if they do not have the money up front with a surplus after a purchase, let alone not even having the money and STILL making the purchase.

I agree... which is why I used my DEBIT card (not CREDIT card) AND did the 3-payment-option. 3 equal payments come out of my checking account, so after 2 months, it's paid for with no debt and no interest. And since it's spread-out, I don't even feel it. It's a great idea they have -- makes it much easier. But I fully agree with your point -- much better to save up a "fund" and be ready to "strike" when these deals show up (same goes for cars, boats, etc.)...

• Members

how does this BING thing work???sounds interesting

ive got other guitar accessories I need to buy can i get them for a discount also by using bing?

I read about this in the paper the other day . Bing.com is doing cashback through (I think) the end of August. Basically you sign up for an account and log in, then find AMS on their list of stores and link to it from there. It pops up that any purchases you make that "visit" will get you x% back (I think AMS is 12%).

After the transaction is processed, you'll get an email telling you how much you earned - you can either get a check, give them your bank info, or have it added to your paypal. As much of a pain as it may be, I opted for the check - no need to have Microsoft nosing around my checking account.

• Members

I agree... which is why I used my DEBIT card (not CREDIT card) AND did the 3-payment-option. 3 equal payments come out of my checking account, so after 2 months, it's paid for with no debt and no interest. And since it's spread-out, I don't even feel it. It's a great idea they have -- makes it much easier. But I fully agree with your point -- much better to save up a "fund" and be ready to "strike" when these deals show up (same goes for cars, boats, etc.)...

I wanna add a personal comment on this 'debt' thing. This is exactly why I now have the Alvarez guitar. Over the last several years I used a credit card to 'get whatever I wanted'. I'd buy, sell and trade like crazy until I finally realized what I was doing. Now, I have a large credit card bill that I cannot make the payments on; and it's all music related!:facepalm:

I sold my cherished Strat, all my pedals and pedalboard; and currently am trying to get my amp sold just to be able to make payments for a few more months.

I purchased the Alvarez ONLY because it was cheap and I could still get to own a guitar and play for a while longer. It's a great guitar, but I wished I'd never, ever seen a credit card!!! It'll take all the joy out of playing a guitar!

• Members

Deepend, thanks. The lower price from Zzounds came at the perfect time.

I don't want to say how much I'm going to end up paying for the Alvarez MD60. I feel almost ashamed. Almost!

I'm looking forward to comparing my Takamine EAN10C with the Alvarez MD60. Both have solid cedar tops and solid mahogany backs. Both are dreads. I can't wait for the Alvarez. I have never been a big fan of the lower priced alvarez guitars. They often sounded cheap and metallic to me. I never would have bought this Alvarez under normal conditions. I'm trying not to expect too much. Never been a fan of cheap Takamines either & love the more expensive/higher end Ean10C. I will be as honest as I can with my assessment.

Abando

• Members

And this is the reason why so many people are in debt.
:facepalm:

Credit is not a bad thing if you pay your debt down.

And, you can't tell people how to spend there hard earned credit. Or cash.:cop:

Archived