VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members
I'd like to try this for my first time! Have I just signed myself up?

Oof! I tried to register on the site, but my username isn't listed in the drop-down HCAG name list. Any ideas?
:cool:

Welcome to the VOM!

You may want to check out the VOM faq for additional information
http://vom.infocusreviews.com/index.php?p=faq

Specifically about your register question:

Question:
I tried to register for the extended services on the Archive site and it does not provide a place to enter my name, and my name doesn't appear on the list. What gives?

Answer:
Extended services are in support the HCAG VOM and as such are only open to persons who have participated at least once in the VOM. So to qualify, you must sign up at Harmony Central and play in a VOM. You'll then discover your name automatically appears on the list and you can then complete registration.

When Sunday comes around (1am Sunday Eastern Time), Stack will create a VOM thread for everyone to link to their music. Then, the magic of OhioArrow kicks in as all the entries get archived on the VOM site for posterity purposes.

• Members
I'll be doing some recording this weekend so I'm in. That is if I can remember my box.net password.
:confused:

If you forgot box.net password - feel free to use the VOM embedded host. Every registered VOMer has one. Just make sure you are signed up at the archive site.

• Members

If you forgot box.net password - feel free to use the VOM embedded host. Every registered VOMer has one. Just make sure you are signed up at the archive site.

Ohio...I already sent and posted absentee but forgot I wanted to put in the widget for ease of clicking...can I or you edit?...thanks T

• Members

Ahh... yes... But I do not believe that can be done with soundclick. They force you to hit that landing screen first. I don't actually have a soundclick account, so I do not know what all can be done there. Perhaps someone else experienced with soundclick here has more information?

You can do that with the VOM's internal hosting, but you have to upload to your account to use it. If you wish to do that, go ahead and upload and I will modify your link for you.

I can change to whatever link you wish - just hit me up on PM

• Members

Hmmm......

I'm on SoundClick, but am not sure any of the widgets are direct as opposed to having to go to the SC landing site first. SC is really a bit of a PITA.

Since Joe/OhioArrow set up this cool hosting thing, all my music is being hosted there. It's fast and simple and I can put the link wherever I want in order to share my tunes. No more messing about with Box.net, SoundClick, or any other site. :)

Thanks, Joe!

• Members

I'm also on SoundClick. I have used a few of their widgets on my other webpages. I have them set to automatically start playing when the page is loaded.

But, I do have a song for this weekend. I'm going to be down in Maryland from Friday to Sunday, but I'll be back early Sunday evening and I'll post it then.

Tony

Archived