VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members

I'm also on SoundClick. I have used a few of their widgets on my other webpages. I have them set to automatically start playing when the page is loaded.

But, I do have a song for this weekend. I'm going to be down in Maryland from Friday to Sunday, but I'll be back early Sunday evening and I'll post it then.

Tony

Or you can take advantage of the "Absentee Posting" feature and post your song before you leave for Maryland. Then your song will post automatically when VOM starts. :idea:

• Members

Or you can take advantage of the "Absentee Posting" feature and post your song before you leave for Maryland. Then your song will post automatically when VOM starts.
:idea:

I thought about that, but I'll be on the PC anyways after I get back so it's just as easy to do it then.

Tony (on the road we go!)

• Members

I think I'm out this month. But the good news is that I just ordered a Zoom Q3 (doesn't arrive until Wed), so maybe next month's submission will sound a little better. Then again, maybe it'll just further expose all my tone and technique problems.

Either way, I'll try to post a review of it once it comes in.

• Members

I knew it was coming out, but I wasn't sure when.

*checks budget and furiously googles*

Amazon had it listed as being released today, so I checked first thing this morning and it said they were in stock. I ordered one regular delivery, got a confirmation saying delivery was estimated on Wednesday.

I'm still putting the odds at greater than 50% of getting some sort of email in the next day or so saying that they apologize but do not have them in stock but that my order will be filled as soon as :blah: :blah: :blah: .

But yeah, Amazon seems to think they have them.

• Members

Amazon had it listed as being released today, so I checked first thing this morning and it said they were in stock. I ordered one regular delivery, got a confirmation saying delivery was estimated on Wednesday.

I'm still putting the odds at greater than 50% of getting some sort of email in the next day or so saying that they apologize but do not have them in stock but that my order will be filled as soon as
:blah:

But yeah, Amazon seems to think they have them.

I'm planning on ordering from American Musical Supply (3 easy payments + you get a free gig bag), but they still have them listed as a pre-order today option. A while back I requested email notification. Nothing yet. :idk:

It'd be cool if Amazon does have them. I may have to change my shopping plans.

• Members

:)

I'm planning on ordering from American Musical Supply (3 easy payments + you get a free gig bag), but they still have them listed as a
pre-order today
option. A while back I requested email notification. Nothing yet.
:idk:

It'd be cool if Amazon does have them. I may have to change my shopping plans.

I've been confused about the release of this product since I first heard about it (which was probably from someone here, which is the only place I get any music/gear information, which is probably why I'm so confused :) ).

Everything said September, although there was no hard information from Zoom/Samsung. Then September comes and some sites start listing October, but everyone had different dates, including some in late October. But Amazon had said 10/9 and I checked first thing this morning and sure enough there it was. I'm more than a little concerned about the delays and uncertainty as it speaks to the quality of the product. Then again, somehow this guy got a hold of one and it seems good enough for me:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I think I'm out this month. But the good news is that I just ordered a Zoom Q3 (doesn't arrive until Wed), so maybe next month's submission will sound a little better. Then again, maybe it'll just further expose all my tone and technique problems.

Either way, I'll try to post a review of it once it comes in.

Very cool. I'll be looking for your review.

• Members

hey, just to further hijack this thread for a moment; remember the guy who was flogging this vaporware here for some kind of auto tab gizmo due out this fall? I have searched and it appears (to me, anyway) that all those threads and posts have dropped into the abyss.

• Members

been reading about the Q3. It's on my amazon wish list. But I broke the bank this month already with a gas attack at the Larrivee trading post and
that damnable quilted sapele that owns my soul now.

That was a sacrifice that had to be made, though. I'm still stomping on my own johnson for letting my OO-05 go.

Back OT, I submitted as an absentee this VOM because I expect to be otherwise involved Sunday.

• Members

I haven't participated for several months (but I've recorded something for this month's VOM.

However, I probably won't get online tomorrow and have asked someone to submit for me. Looking forward to listening to everyone's entries!

• Members

In spite of battling bronchitis for 3 weeks, I finally managed to lay down a reasonably acceptable tune today without sounding too much like a frog being stomped on. :freak:

In honor of the upcoming Samhain holiday (Halloween to you non-Pagans) I departed from my usual style and did some interesting things with the Martie that I hope everyone will enjoy. :D

• Members

I haven't participated for several months (but I've recorded something for this month's VOM.

However, I probably won't get online tomorrow and have asked someone to submit for me. Looking forward to listening to everyone's entries!

Good of your friend to post for you, but did you know you can use the Absentee Post feature at the VOM Archive site? Comes in handy when one wants to participate in VOM on an otherwise busy weekend. :)

• Members

Good of your friend to post for you, but did you know you can use the Absentee Post feature at the VOM Archive site? Comes in handy when one wants to participate in VOM on an otherwise busy weekend.
:)

He asked me. :wave:

I sent him a PM about all the new stuff, but I'm not sure yet if he has responded and registered.

• Members

Indeed. I used it myself last night for my submission.

I'd been absent the last couple of months. It seemed when the time came, there was something keeping me from getting some recording done.

I managed to put together something last night that I hope you all will enjoy.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning.

Archived