Sungha Jung

Glenn F

• Members

I've been arpeggioed to death.

All that kid needs is a violin player to lay down a melody and he'll have some music there.

But I don't wanna piss on this thread. His version of Superstition is great.
:thu:

Check out his version of 'Come Together.' :)

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Alaska Picks. I like his style. I'll listen more but this particular vid has a little too much fill and begs more melody. I'm going to have to agree with GC's remark about another instrument to make this piece work because it's perfect to float something over.

• Members

Although he is young and extremely talented... the majority of his work is not his own. You should check out Adam Rafferty on youtube. Fingerstylist and absolutely amazing.

The kid is 12 years old, for Chrissakes. How many songs had you written by the time you were 12?:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Although he is young and extremely talented... the majority of his work is not his own. You should check out Adam Rafferty on youtube. Fingerstylist and absolutely amazing.

yeah, that's always been my beef with Andres Segovia, Liona Boyd, John Williams & Christopher Parking; covering tunes older than the mold in my refrigerator. :cop:

So I looked up this guy, Adam Rafferty and I found a bunch of Michael Jackson, Jackson Five, and Stevie Wonder covers.

I sorta liked this one. (also covered by Sungha, coincidentally)

[YOUTUBE]SiXCyISQSdE[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwcfree

This kid has got it going on. I'd put his abilities largely, but not solely, in the 'nature' category of the 'nature vs nurture' debate. He's been playing for 3 years, and he can do stuff I doubt I'll ever be able to do. Lovely Lakewood guitar, too!

Enjoy!

Glenn

Brilliant! :thu:

Why isn't he a regular contributor to our VOM??? :mad:

• Members

The kids good.

But.....Guys who play proficiently with a thumb pic piss me off. Especially people so young.

I know all the great players use them...I just can't keep the little buggers on my thumb...I guess my thumb is just too short and fat.

• Members

The guy is great. Love that bass line.

Tampa's local guy who can do that stuff is Shaun Hopper...I have posted his stuff before...He's studied with TE, and if that's not good enough, TE co-wrote his CD with him, and signed his guitar...A Maton of course. A fun guy to watch. I filmed this live at Skippers Smokehouse a month or so ago. Gets kinda funky @ 3:00 and again @ 4:50

[YOUTUBE]tCQqqvOSqiY[/YOUTUBE]

Archived