Is it ok if I put acoustic strings on my Crafter SAT???

Misha

• Members

I installed a set of D'addario EJ26 and I really like how it sounds.

.052 of an EXL140 (.010 - 0.52) set has a tension of 22.0 Lbs. (electric set)

.052 of an EJ26 (0.011 - .052) set has a tewnsion of 25.2 Lbs. (acoustic set)

It means there is maybe 18 to 24 lbs more of tension with acoustic strings. It's probably not more than if I would put medium strings instead of light strings...

I am wrong? Is it ok to leave those strings on????

• Members

They are already on! I like the sound a lot! The old strrings were in very bad shape, though! It may not be a fair comparison between both types of strings!

Edit: And you are right, the sound coming from the PU only is much less loud than the sound from the UST! I'll leave those strings in there until they are dead though! Thank's Garthman!

• Members

They are already on! I like the sound a lot! The old strrings were in very bad shape, though! It may not be a fair comparison between both types of strings!

Edit:
And you are right, the sound coming from the PU only is much less loud than the sound from the UST! I'll leave those strings in there until they are dead though!
Thank's Garthman!

2nd trying out the GHS "White Bronze" and the DR "Zebra" sets...they'll give you a good acoustic sound, and both sets have windings that were designed to work for acoustics w/ magnetic p/us...best of both words! :cool:

Archived