Lookie what I done did

kwakatak

• Members

Nope, correct fret

What makes you say so? Looks like he removed the 14th fret on a 14-fretter. To get access to the gap, you should take off the 15th fret from a 14-fretter (and probably drill at an angle towards the soundhole).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes you say so? Looks like he removed the 14th fret on a 14-fretter. To get access to the gap, you should take off the 15th fret from a 14-fretter (and probably drill at an angle towards the soundhole).

Just to confirm, I do believe you're right. Looks like we drilled into the dovetail and steamed the ever-loving-f##k out of it. We'll try again soon at the 15th fret. Hopefully the dovetail is still structurally sound.

My word, but this is becoming quite the project! I should start building a dread kit and see what gets done first! :lol:

• Members

Just to confirm, I do believe you're right. Looks like we drilled into the dovetail and steamed the ever-loving-f##k out of it. We'll try again soon at the 15th fret. Hopefully the dovetail is still structurally sound.

My word, but this is becoming
quite
the project! I should start building a dread kit and see what gets done first!
:lol:

Since you can't do much more damage, go ahead and pull/drill the correct fret (15) and try again. Either that or make a resonator out of it (might be a good choice all things considered)

• Members

Since you can't do much more damage
, go ahead and pull/drill the correct fret (15) and try again. Either that or make a resonator out of it (might be a good choice all things considered)

I don't know why, but this made me laugh! Have I mentioned that I'm suffering from sleep deprivation? :freak::bor::eek::facepalm:

• Members

Sorry. :o

FWIW I'm going to try try again.

I should really be focusing on the build though, but I'm trying to understand the neck joint. I'm going to use an MT joint though. Maybe the next one will have a dovetail. Most likely that one will be a dread! ;)

Archived