OT: what should be next door to a guitar shop?

gitnoob

• Members

I should mention that the "mini mall" with the guitar shop has a pretty good lunch place / pub already. Also an artsy movie theater.

And the guitar shop offers lessons, setups, and custom builds.

I just took a peek at the vacant space next door to the guitar shop. Pretty small -- 440 sq feet. Probably too crowded for a strip joint. :(

• Members

The shop where I "work" was located in small shopping strip with a Subway a Frozen Yogurt shop and an all you can Pizza place . We had lots of lookers that's for sure:eek: ,

had to change strings pretty often on the display guitars :p .

• Members

How about a laundromat, so people can pop in and play a few guitars while they're waiting for their wash to get done. A barber shop could also be cool. I've been going to the same barber for twenty years, because he's also a guitar player, so I can talk about guitars, instead of what the weather is like. Maybe a cool niche record shop that sells CD's and Videos of all the cool guitar gods, or a quickie divorce shop, so the wives will think twice before contesting a guitar purchase.

• Members

Most git shops usually have lesson studios inside. Next door there should be some kind of loungey/coffee house/snack/pizza thing where parents can stop and have some coffee or whatever while the kid gets lessons (most lessons are for kids, ya know). If he doesn't have lessons in his shop, the space next door should be a studio for lessons. One place around here also has a recording studio in it, which is used by the teachers and local artists.

^^^This.

It's my next project. Substitute paninis for the pizza, and presto!

• Members

Modern video arcade. Work it like a club. Charge a door fee and let people go play their shooters and things of that nature with high speed internet. I have a buddy running something of that nature and the startup cost is pretty low, and it is terribly lucrative.

Archived