Epiphone masterbuilts?? how are they??

bluewolf

• Members

I bought an AJ-500M right after they first came out. I haven't had it out for a while but by the sheerest coincidence I had it out tonight prior to reading this post. I loved it when I bought it and I still love it now. I don't consider it a cheap substitute for a Gibson; I consider it a good guitar on its own merits - sound, feel, construction.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

As I've said before...

After owning several expensive Martin's, my dealer turned me onto a Epi 500RA and I love it. The finish is perfect, the inlay is beautiful, I like the neck and it sounds great. Does it sound better than my Martin OM? Yep, and it play better too! Some guys won't like the faded red top but after owning five or six naturals, I'm very pleased with the looks.

I havnt played a slew of these Masterbuilts, so maybe I lucked up and got a good one but everyone who plays mine is impressed. The best $500 I have ever spent on a guitar and I've squandered a pile.

My only question is this: With mid priced Epiphone's this good, why on Earth would anyone pay Gibby prices just to get a different headstock? :poke:

• Members

As I've said before...

After owning several expensive Martin's, my dealer turned me onto a Epi 500RA and I love it. The finish is perfect, the inlay is beautiful, I like the neck and it sounds great. Does it sound better than my Martin OM? Yep, and it play better too! Some guys won't like the faded red top but after owning five or six naturals, I'm very pleased with the looks.

I havnt played a slew of these Masterbuilts, so maybe I lucked up and got a good one but everyone who plays mine is impressed. The best $500 I have ever spent on a guitar and I've squandered a pile.

My only question is this: With mid priced Epiphone's this good, why on Earth would anyone pay Gibby prices just to get a different headstock? :poke:

I couldn't agree more.They're sound is very close to Gibs at a fraction of the price.

Archived