Tanglewood Black Mountain Wildwood TBM-110L. Any thoughts??

leeh1971

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I would just like a little advice on a guitar i'm considering buying. It's a Tanglewood Black Mountain Wildwood TBM-110L....what a mouthful!! I would just like some information on it's build quality, materials made out of, solid top or not? etc. I've only strummed it briefly in the shop, it had a rotten set of old strings on, so i could'nt really tell how it sounds, but it appears to be very well built. I could'nt find any info on this model anywhere on the net. I found some info on the TBM 210, 310, but not a thing on this model!? One distictive feature i noticed was an abcense of any label through the sound hole, but instead a heat engraved strip of wood glued to the bracing with the model number etc.

Any info would be greatlly appreciated, cause i think this guitar may go quick at the price.

Thanks Lee H.

• Members

Is this it, by any chance? http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/acoustic/tanglewood-black-mountain-wildwood-model-tbm-110l-by3258. It's the only one Google could find. In any event, I've liked the Tanglewoods I've run across. My guess (and that's all it is) would be that it's probably all solid wood. If the one in my link is the same guitar, I don't know how long it will stay around but $800+ (

• Members

Hello & Welcome

Tanglewood guitars are good quality, well-made instruments. They have been justifiably popular in the UK for many years. I've not played that particular model so cannot comment on it's sound and playability but I've yet to play a crap Tanglewood.

• 9 years later...
  • Members

I bought my Tanglewood Black Mountain Wildwood as new in 2014 and absolutely love it. I'm no expert but of the several guitars I own and others I've played this is awesome. The tone is fantastic.  I would never sell it. I have several Tanglewood instruments and think they're excellent. I dont know what these cost originally but I think it's easily worth £600.

Ray

Archived