HNRD (Happy New Recorder Day)

recordingtrack1

• Members

I sit around and play my guitar a lot. I have a computer (doh!) but I almost never record because I am LAZY! I have to turn stuff on and tune it in and get things positioned and tweaked and blah blah blah. To tell the truth it's a freakin' pain and I'm LAZY! By the time I get everything tweaked and tuned and positioned to suit me, I tired and my ADD has kicked in and I forgot what I wanted to record in the first place. Besides, I think I mentioned that I am LAZY but I'm too LAZY to go back and read this post to make sure I said it.

Anyway, it suddenly dawned on me that with a small battery operated field recorder, I can turn it on while sittin' on the couch playin' my guitar and just record to my heart's content, (or the the exent of the 2G memory card, whichever comes first).

The prospect really excited me so I went on ebay and found this. Got it for $240 on a best offer. I'm anxiously watching for the delivery guy. :D

I know several of you use field recorders and do so with very positive results. I'm suddenly excited about recording again.

:thu:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170634548024?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Members

Thanks CM, I've heard some good things about the zoom(s).

This one is a wopping 8.7 x 1.4 x 5" , so generally about the size of a novel, more or less. Still small enough you can throw it in a gig bag and carry it with you. Great reviews all around from what I can see.

I can remember having an old tascam four track several years back. I recorded on that thing almost endlessly. Mostly crap, mind you, but it was still a very useful and fun tool to work with. But that's the point, really. With the built in condenser mics, I can point and shoot :D If I actually get something I like, I can upload it into the computer and work on it and see if I can build it into something.

Archived